mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Sugary Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
For 3 days we've tried every conceivable thing to sort a sending issue on my excursion script. I sent fine in this script, left for about 2 months re registered after installing their newest script loaded omenserve etc, my list is sending fine all files show, jpegs show, but I can't send a zip file for anything, its almost like its not seeing them, last night a friend sent me the message he was getting ..something like brad paisley alcohol zip trying to send on port alcohol ..as an example ..my ports are set as told in router guide, router set for dmz ..linksys..no conflicting ports anywhere, and after being Ops on Mirc for years I think we've tried every trick we know, am incredibly frustrated..and you know how you get that feeling like, am gonna kick myself when I find out what stupid lil thing I forgot..thats where I am at..also last nite I tried to rar a full disc and that sent which puzzled me even more. I also run another MIRC script diff ports etc, no prob sending any format there at all, never an issue ..so this has me baffled. Praying one of you really wise Mirc buddies will have some tips. Thanks

Just Me Sug
T
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
T
perhaps the network that you are trying to send files on bans that type of file. ive only seen .exe files banned in my days, but something to check out

After I die, I hope people say," That guy sure owed me alot of money."
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If they see something like "port some_word" instead of a number, it's probably just their script displaying the wrong text there. You need someone who isn't running any scripts to tell you what they see.

As far as sending files, some networks block certain filetypes unless the receiver uses a /dccallow command and some filetypes are always blocked on certain networks. The receivers can also have certain filetypes blocked in their settings.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard