mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
imarkon Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
I
Greetings, I tried to search around if my same problem was already debated but I couldn't find anything.

so please look at this picture I took:

that's from Chatzilla. I am not able to display that kind of arts people post on channels, on the basic mIRC client: it only shows me a bunch of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

apart from Chatzilla, I noticed other custom mIRC scripts display that kind of stuff properly, so what is wrong in my client configuration?
also, Options -> IRC -> Messages is all enabled.
suggestions?

thanks for reading,
regards

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
When you're copying the whole thing, hold down the control key.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
I
imarkon Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Wims
When you're copying the whole thing, hold down the control key.

well i don't need to copy that, i just need to display it properly on the mIRC "clean" client when someone posts

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, it will depend on what characters are being sent. If it's showing up as @'s, then it is quite possible that you're just missing the background color that would "hide" the @ and make it appear as solid blocks. Since you just showed an image rather than including the actual text being sent, it's hard to say.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
I
imarkon Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Well, it will depend on what characters are being sent. If it's showing up as @'s, then it is quite possible that you're just missing the background color that would "hide" the @ and make it appear as solid blocks. Since you just showed an image rather than including the actual text being sent, it's hard to say.
eh, as you can see it looks like being composed of white and black spaces. i dunno why, but mirc doesn't seem to be able to properly read colors from incoming posts, but only those i manually write by myself.
tell me if i need to provide more infos

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
imarkon, can you confirm whether you did as wims suggested, by holding down the control-key as you have mIRC copy text into the clipboard from others' postings? Without the Ctrl key, mIRC only copies text, which avoids the color-codes needed by most picture art to look normal.

I
imarkon Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: maroon
imarkon, can you confirm whether you did as wims suggested, by holding down the control-key as you have mIRC copy text into the clipboard from others' postings? Without the Ctrl key, mIRC only copies text, which avoids the color-codes needed by most picture art to look normal.

i just tried this:
copying with the ctrl key from another mirc script that supports styles (in this case, noname script), the plain mirc does effectively report them when i try to repost.

update: yes, made several trials and it definetly works copying with ctrl key. now the problem remains making mIRC read it by itself

Last edited by imarkon; 08/06/08 05:07 PM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Check in your option that mirc isn't stripping control code (alt + o > Irc > Messages)

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
I
imarkon Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Wims
Check in your option that mirc isn't stripping control code (alt + o > Irc > Messages)

:|

yes it was. strip controlcodes activated on bold and colors ruined it all.
sorry for such a stupid request, and thanks everyone for all the help provided.

I shall give this forum a really high positive feedback

Link Copied to Clipboard