mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#200108 28/05/08 10:16 AM
L
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
I am new and would greatly appreciate help on this matter, so please help me :-)

I want to connect here:

[url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault-invites][url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault-invites][url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault-invites]irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault-invites[/url][/url][/url]

So I type that in, it launches, and I connect.

Then whenever I type in something, it says "Not connected to a channel".

So, what's going on here? I thought the channel was: thevault-invites

Here is the IRC link: [url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault.bz][url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault.bz][url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault.bz]irc://irc.theplace.bz/thevault.bz[/url][/url][/url]

*** PLEASE HELP ***

Laura

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Sorry Laura, I dont think you will get a lot of help if any, as that is a p2p/warez etc place. One of the rules here is that we dont help with such things.
Good luck

Happy mIRC user on Linux
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

I did a /whowas on your nick and you were there several times between 05/25 and 05/28, so you successfully connected to the server. Maybe you're not joining the channel(s) for some reason. Also, I didn't see any bans set that would effect you. Try joining the channels manually by doing one or both of the following after you connect to the server...

/!join #thevault-invites
/!join #thevault.bz

T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
not sure, but a possibilty could be the missing # before the channel name...

try: " [url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/#thevault.bz][url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/#thevault.bz][url=irc://irc.theplace.bz/#thevault.bz]irc://irc.theplace.bz/#thevault.bz[/url][/url][/url] "

edit: i just tried my suggestion and it joined ##thevault.bz
i then tried the link you said, it it worked fine for me, joined the channel etc... =/

Last edited by TTSpazmo; 28/05/08 06:45 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard