mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Ninko Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
N
I've noticed that when 'Use single message window' option is checked (Options > IRC) it only places Queries in the singal message window, not notices, even though in the help file it says:

Quote:
This directs all private messages or notices from other users to one single message window. You will need to use the /msg command to reply. If you want to open a query window to a user, use the /query window.

Ninko

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Well I would say that statement in the help file is wrong. Private notices are not intended to be like private messages at all, or else they would just be called private messages. Should private CTCPs be directed to the single message window too? Of course not, because they're CTCPs not private messages and they're meant to be separate from private messages and private notices.

~ Edit ~
I should say that statement in the help file is wrong OR outdated, because it may have actually behaved that way at some point in the past. I don't think it ever did but I can't recall.

N
Ninko Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
N
Well to me Notices are private messages, just a quick way of sending one or two, so in my opinion they should be directed to the singal message window (if enabled).

Ninko

Last edited by Ninko; 27/05/08 12:19 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's easily scripted in the meantime. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

I was thinking that too. The only problem I ran into was opening the window if it's not already open.

~ Edit ~
Skip that, found the /dqwindow command.

Code:

on ^*:NOTICE:*:?: {
  if (!$gettok($readini($mircini,options,n0),22,44)) return
  if ($query($nick)) echo -bfclmtri2 notice $nick $+(-,$nick,-) $1-
  else {
    if (!$window(Message Window)) {
      dqwindow show
      dqwindow min
    }
    echo -bfcdlmtri2 notice $+(-,$nick,-) $1-
  }
  haltdef
}

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, it looks like the help file is in fact wrong - I don't recall notices ever being diverted to the Message Window - it is only meant to display query messages. I've corrected the help file for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard