Print Thread
#199900 23/05/08 10:05 PM
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Hi All,
I know this is a long shot...but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. My mIRC scripting skills aren't all that great, but I have a really cool project in mind that I think is within my skill level. However. for this project, I need to pull data from a MySQL server. I would prefer not to use the DLL Method if I can avoid it...but I have found this script that looks like it will do exactly what I want it to do.

(Firstly, if you are going to check this out, you need to make sure your mysql server is using OLD_PASSWORDS because the newer password hashing algo is not supported.(just like PHP))

So the problem is, whenever the script encounters a NULL value in the data retrieved from the server, it continues on and pulls all the remaining cells into the same result field and ignores the rest.

I believe the problem is in the neighborhood of line 308 in the code...but I am having trouble deciphering it.

The code has a great debug text option so you can see exactly what it's pulling from the server and everything...I am just not skilled enough to understand it.

If someone could check it out and let me know what's up and how to correct it I would be extremely grateful. And if necessary I can grant access to my mysql server for testing if you don't have one to test with.

edit: btw I've tried contacting MonoTek with no luck frown

Thanks in advance, and if you can't help, thanks for reading.
-AltReality

Last edited by AltReality; 23/05/08 10:14 PM.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Nice explanation, has references I would need access to the SQL database.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Hah! after a little searching, I found the original author who has already worked on it and fixed it for me!

Thanks Lpfix5..I truly appreciate your offer, but it is taken care of. If you are still interested in playing with it though, the database is here.

Thanks alot!

Link Copied to Clipboard