mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#199555 16/05/08 01:56 PM
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
ok you all know with MSN messenger if you changeyour font only your font changes (unless you have a certain option selected) im wondering if you can do that with mirc and have everyone seen the font you have selected?

DD

Dark_Dragon #199563 16/05/08 03:23 PM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
the font you select effects YOUR machine only. If you think about this, for any other action to take place, the users your talking to would have to have the same fonts you do, and the system would need to communicate what font is being used for each seperate querry. This is close to an impossible request, and I doubt very much if it would be implemented (or could be for that matter). For one reason, there are to many fonts out there and asking a user to keep them all available for chats whould be crazy. (this is all my opinion).

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
HorseC #199565 16/05/08 03:36 PM
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Originally Posted By: HorseC
the font you select effects YOUR machine only. If you think about this, for any other action to take place, the users your talking to would have to have the same fonts you do, and the system would need to communicate what font is being used for each seperate querry. This is close to an impossible request, and I doubt very much if it would be implemented (or could be for that matter). For one reason, there are to many fonts out there and asking a user to keep them all available for chats whould be crazy. (this is all my opinion).

by that there you would make a fail safe like if (the font this user has is on the other users computer font list)
{
then use it here
}

else
{
use the default
}

or along those lines just a rough guess thats how msn works at anyrate (or any message service that uses the idea that i put forward but it was a question to see if it was possable and you answerd that.

Thanks DD

Dark_Dragon #199598 17/05/08 12:05 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
IRC does not include fonts, so you cannot send font data over IRC normally and therefore mIRC cannot interpret it normally. mIRC also does not allow you to display more than one font in a window unless you're using picture windows (picwins).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard