I recently tried to write my own version of the Channel central, which includes features of Unreal IRCd (flood-protect +f, join-flood +j) and some others for example +D (auditorium mode, hides quits/parts/joins until they talk), +C (prevent public CTCPs in the channel) and +u (hides quit/part messages when a user leaves, "/part #mIRC this client sucks" would only print "* User has left #mIRC." rather than "* User has left #mIRC (this client sucks).").

A feature someone else already suggested is resizeability, the dialog often doesnt show the complete hostname for bans, which should be visible on first sight IMO.

The Problem I had with +f for UnrealIRCd: $chan(#someChannel).mode does not return additional flags.
If a channel has set "+ntrkCfj password [10c#C10,22j#i5,10k#K10,75m#m10,6n#N10,10t#b]:15 3:60", $chan.mode only returns "+ntrkCfj". $chan.key helps me get the "password", but the rest of it is lost - a workaround using on MODE is required to catch that.

I'd like to see built-in support for those modes such as +u, +D etc., as almost any IRCd out there supports them already. For "exotical" modes like +f from UnrealIRCd, I'd like to see an improved version of $chan that also returns the full mode string and/or a feature that returns parameters for a certain mode part (Chanmodes includes an extra "," after modes that have parameters, so it shouldn't be hard to implement. They only drawback here is UnrealIRCd not sending "f," for the flood thingy =/)

Greetings, BhaaL