mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
hi, i have recently updated to mirc 6.31. i moved my custom scripts over and loaded them like i always have with previous versions, but none of them seem to work. any suggestions would be great.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
When you updated, did you use the Update option in the installer?
If so, then there should've been no need to move anything, as your scripts would've still been recognized via the mirc.ini file (which wouldn't have been over-written)

If not, then that might explain the reason for the problem you're having. Fortunately mIRC automatically does an automatic back-up of your mIRC files. The back-ups are located in a sub-directory of your mIRC installation directory, that is called backups (genius thinking on that name.. laugh )

Anyhow, I suggest that you restore your previous settings from the back-ups, ensure that all of your scripts and so on are working correctly with the restored version, then update using the Update option in the mIRC installer.

T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Hi, accually what i had done was backed up my scripts to a different folder, then uninstalled mirc and deleted the folder. then a reboot and installed the new mirc. then i moved my scripts back over and loaded them. alas it did not work. i have uninstalled and reinstalled again still with no luck. thanks for the tips.. if anyone else has any ideas, cause im all out.

T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
for an update, i installed an older version of mirc, and my scripts work fine. So there must be something about 6.31 that does not agree with my scripts. Has there been changes to the way scripts are written in the new mirc? they seem to load fine (no errors pop up), but when u try to trigger any of them, nothing happens. again, any advice would be great

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Do any of your scripts use dll's? If so, you might want to make sure that the dll(s) being used are up-to-date.

There aren't any major changes as to how scripts are being written, but some older dll's took advantage of security bugs in mIRC, which have now being fixed, so the older dll's don't work. Most (if not all) of the people that came out with the dll's have released updated dll's that work with mIRC 6.31

You stated that an older version of mIRC does work, so would you mind stating what version does work.. it might help us narrow down why the older version works and the newest one doesn't.

T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
sure can, the older version is 6.21, just chose it because i just happened to have the install exe still on my comp. here is a sample of something that would not work, a very simple one liner, i would say it does not call upon any .dll files
0n *:text:!help:#:/msg $chan does this work?

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Type this in any window and post the results:

//echo -a $remote

-genius_at_work

Last edited by genius_at_work; 12/05/08 01:48 AM.
T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
results from //echo -a $remote

does this help?

After I die, I hope people say," That guy sure owed me alot of money."
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Try these two commands and post the results:

Code:

//echo -a - ALIASES - | var %c = 1 | while ($alias(%c)) { echo -a $alias(%c) | inc %c }

//echo -a - REMOTES - | var %c = 1 | while ($script(%c)) { echo -a $script(%c) | inc %c }

-genius_at_work

T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
here are the results

- ALIASES -
C:\Documents and Settings\Bands\Application Data\mIRC\scripts\aliases.ini
- REMOTES -
C:\Documents and Settings\Bands\Application Data\mIRC\catch_notice.mrc
c:\mirc\script1.mrc

FYI the catch_notice.mrc is one of my scripts

T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
i now have also noticed that i can not open links posted in channels. ill post more info as i come across it. I will try another clean install of mirc in the near future to see if it will work. my system has been acting strange lately, so might have something to do with that.. the scripts not working thou, i figured must have something to do with mirc itself.. ahh well.. agian any thoughts would be great.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
There is a known bug with a cracked version of the mirc.exe that disables the use of hotlinks as a side-effect, among other things. You should definitely re-install mIRC (downloaded from mirc.com) and you should really run a virus scan too.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
thx for info.. ill uninstall now and re dl from this site.

T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
ok i dled the version from this website and now all is good. thx for all the help everyone.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is why you shouldn't use hacked versions. Besides bugs that are only in those versions, you also risk getting viruses.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
thebuck Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
just wanted to thank everyone for the help solving my problem

Link Copied to Clipboard