mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
This is not a router problem since I'm not using one.
When I send more then one file within a minute to the same user and especially if it is the same file name, the send does not occur, it hang then timeout.
The problem is similar if I send manually or with a script.
If I wait 3 minutes between send, sometime it work but not all the time.
The problem is the same with old version of mirc as well as new one.
If I send four file, three might get through and one will hang. A good three minute wait is necessary to send the fourth one.
DCC send are normal with omenserve.
Is it normal? Is it a question of mirc setup? How to get around?
Thank you all

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You'd probably need to provide more details to help someone answer your question. Also, test this without any scripts installed. Just do a clean install of mIRC from mirc.com and see if you have the same problem manually sending files. If not, then you know it's most likely a script problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I'm having issues with dcc send too, if i send to myself 3 files, (everytime i get the input, i click on Accept or Overwrite), but at the end, only the first and the third file have been downloaded.The second failed and mirc said :
Originally Posted By: Status window
[04:02:40] DCC Send to Wims incomplete (connection failed)
-
[04:02:42] DCC Get of mario.png from Wims incomplete (unable to connect)
Not tested on a real clean mirc but i don't have any script that change mirc

Last edited by Wims; 30/04/08 02:12 AM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
P
OP Offline
P
I have install a new mirc with no script loaded. Manual sends cause the same problems as stated in the original explanation.
Any idea what could cause that?
Thanks

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: paulbeauclair
I have install a new mirc with no script loaded. Manual sends cause the same problems as stated in the original explanation.
Any idea what could cause that?
Thanks
Precision: sending the same file to same person in repetition. After three or four time, to send will fail at repetition. If this user do the same, he will experiment the same problem

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I can't reproduce this

//write test.txt hi | dcc send $me test.txt | dcc send $me test.txt | dcc send $me test.txt

Works fine for me

However, one reason it could fail to work is because of flood protection settings.. some scripts, or even some mirc settings (like Alt-o -> DCC -> Ignore) can ignore sends for 3 minutes.. I assume this might be the issue and would explain why you would send the same file more than once (because the first one was ignored).

Other than that, I don't see why you'd need to send the same file to the same person more than once in a minute... It certainly makes sense to me why mIRC would intentionally block this behaviour by default.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are sending the same file to the person and the person has RESUME enabled, it can fail depending on your own setup. Various routers don't like to resume sending files to someone, for example. Or, if that person has the accept dialog enabled and they don't hit accept, it will also fail.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
I don't know whether this will help, but somewhere I read that Windows could close ports temporarily after a DCC send. If so, I don't know how to avoid this ...

Link Copied to Clipboard