#197376 03/04/08 01:38 PM
D
dassa Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hi Guys
I dont know if this is possible but do you think a dialog maker that has all features of DCX (or something similar) will ever be made?
Secondly will mIRC ever have better & more colorful dialog support without having to rely on external dll files?

dassa #197378 03/04/08 02:47 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Chances are that unless the DCX team makes the dialog maker, it won't happen. For someone else to make it and keep it updated and always working with DCX considering how often DCX gets improved would be too hard for most people to bother with.

Having more dialog control has been requested before and would be useful. You can always post a feature request for everything you'd like to see in mIRC's own dialog options. With more people supporting it, it could eventually be added.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
dassa #197379 03/04/08 03:47 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
What about DCX Studio in mIRC? I'm not sure if that's updated frequently though.

dassa #197385 03/04/08 07:14 PM
W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
Originally Posted By: dassa

Secondly will mIRC ever have better & more colorful dialog support without having to rely on external dll files?

history proves kmd is too lazy to do that

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
you could have said that about SSL or Unicode as well and you would be dead wrong, so, no, history proves very little in the mIRC world

if anything, the very dlls themselves are proof that K is "too lazy" (it's not really a question of laziness) to do it. Why implement something that's already implemented? Just to say "it's part of mIRC"? that wouldn't change much...

To actually make use of dialogs you need a script that has a dialog already setup, so you can assume someone is going to be downloading a script either way. It's not like SSL which should work "out of the box" without any scripts. So if you're already assuming someone will be downloading external (WHATEVER) files, why does it matter that part of the (WHATEVER) is a .dll? It shouldn't affect users. It *doesn't* affect users.

I'm not trying to say mIRC shouldn't improve its dialogs, but the fact that someone's already done it is a good reason why K shouldn't have to waste his time. In fact, you should be happy that such an external DLL exists, because now Khaled has more resources to invest in *REAL* problems that haven't yet been solved, rather than ones that have. There's no need to reinvent the wheel, especially when it rolls just fine.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard