mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Kol Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
This suggestion could apply to text, action, or input actually.

Was just wondering if it would be possible to make that param more 'versatile'. Right now, you can specify channels; all with # or specific ones with #chan1,#chan2,#chan3 etc.

on *:INPUT:#,?: { } should be able to work in both channels and PMs as using the wildcard * would enable it for status and custom windows etc. The fact that ? is only taken as a single parameter and not a comma delimited option is a limitation in my opinion and would be very helpful and logical if it could be used with multiple choices.

Another good modification would be specifying the nicks. eg, ?Kol to trigger in PM with Kol as you can only specify PMs in general. Would remove the use of an if right away.

on *:TEXT:*:#Kol,?Kol,#mIRC: { would trigger on any matchtext in #Kol, #mIRC, or in PM with the nick Kol

on *:TEXT:*:#mIRC,?: { would trigger on any matchtext in #mIRC or all PMs in general.

Not a necessary update but would be very convenient and would remove the need for multiple events or the use of the * wildcard and validation within the script.

K
Kol Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Well I thought it was a semi-good idea ._.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It is. Who said it wasn't?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

If it were a bad idea, there would be replies shooting it down.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I like it too, also optionally extending the ON *:TEXT event with an exclude list would be nice too smile Any event that utilizes target s actually.

$maybe
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
It's not a bad idea, but the problem with it is that it could go on for ever. You want your extended matchtext parameters, then you'll want exclusion lists, then network specifiers... these would all be just as 'important'/'useful' as your suggestion, but if they were all there then the event would be hopelessly bloated.

And since the extensibility you desire is already available with the explicit if statements, I don't think this will get added.

Just my two cents.

<Ingo> I can't uninstall it, there seems to be some kind of "Uninstall Shield"
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Code:
on undernet:me:@^&*:text:*:#channels,#to,?,#include:#channels,#to,?,#exclude:{  }

True story.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Thats sexy i don't see the big issue smile

$maybe
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I think the fact that you actually like that speaks about how bad an idea this would be.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
What a sad sad response, what's your beef?

$maybe

Link Copied to Clipboard