mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Unless I've missed it somewhere in your posts, you haven't said anywhere why you think this is linked to the bug in this report. You said you're not using any background images, so are you using picwins? If not, it's very possible it's unrelated to this bug. If your memory usage is the same then it almost certainly is unrelated, in which case it probably deserves its own thread.

Assuming it isn't related to the image issue all I can say is that it definitely isn't a problem for everyone. I've got a couple of very mediocre systems that show no slowdown after hours or days of running.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

The only reason I even got involved with this thread was because Khaled said this...

Originally Posted By: Khaled

I changed the bitmap loading method in mIRC 6.31 so that it no longer used video card memory (or at least, tried to avoid it). This resolved the background picture issue. However, it has clearly had an effect on display speed.

... which made me think that maybe it was related. My reply was to Khaled, not Riamus2 or foshizzle or anyone else. Maybe he should clarify whether he meant display in general or picwins only.

Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
in general

This is not the signature you are looking for
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
And again you dodge the question.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
lol

why do u have to be so serious

This is not the signature you are looking for
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Man wtf is up with you? I said earlier that I didn't check the memory usage after each test. I'm not dodging anything. I don't have an answer for you. Do you want me to take a polygraph test? Do you think I'm conspiring something? If you look carefully at this reply above, you can clearly see where I stated...

Originally Posted By: RoCk the Conspirator

Well I didn't test for memory usage, because the whole point of my reply, was that there was a significant difference in display speed when the two different versions were tested under the exact same conditions.

I know there will be differences between versions, but this is a comparison of 6.3 and 6.31, not 5.9 and 6.31.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard