Print Thread
#193294 18/01/08 01:57 AM
R
Riggins Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
How do I "authorize with server"? Ive searched all over mirc and cant find it. I am registered with it also.

Thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you have previously registered your nick with the network's services (such as Nickserv), then you need to identify whenever you connect to that network.

On many networks, you can just use: /identify password
If that doesn't work, you can try: /msg nickserv identify password

If neither of those work, try the network's #help channel. Many #help channels will have information on registering nicks right in the topic, but if not, just ask in the #help channel.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
J
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
J
It depends what IRC services the network uses. If it uses Anope (NickServ), type "/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password"

R
Riggins Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Ive tried those commands and nothing. What is password? I didnt think I had a password on mirc. I tried the nickserv command but I used my nick in replace of password and it didnt recognize. I'm using gamesurge and have verizon broadband if that helps. I cant believe its so difficult to auth.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Can you give the precise message you're getting? Also, what did you mean by "I am registered with [the server]" if not that you had registered a username and password?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you never registered your nick with the network, then most likely, you're using a nickname that someone else did register on that network. That means you will not be able to use that nick. If you *did* register your nickname on the network, then when you registered it, you would have chosen a password. From your post, I'm guessing that you're just trying to use someone else's nickname. Change the nick and you won't have an issue.

Invision Support
R
Riggins Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
message I get when I use /identify password is "unknown command"
when I use /msg nickserv identify password it says "no such nick"
When I mean registered, I payed 20 bucks and recieved a password, which is what I used in both of those commands.

J
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
J
You got scammed.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The money you paid for mIRC has nothing to do with channel/network registrations. Those are free and are done using whatever services the network uses, such as Nickserv. As your post indicates Nickserv is unknown, there may be some other service handling nicks. I'd recommend checking in the #help channel about that.

Also, if you copy/paste the exact authorization request here, it would help.

Invision Support

Link Copied to Clipboard