mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
When people like you start to imply things and "think up" facts, anything may happen (even an armed act of "liberation" against a sovereign state).

This is yet another stab at the war in Iraq. (sorry for the insults) but after reading everything you've said, I realize (yet again) you are a fool and I'm wasting my time trying to convince you that you are wrong. I could tell you the sky is blue and you will argue the sky is actually invisible, not blue. I could say the grass is green and you'd say the grass itself is not green it is the chlorophyll pigment in it that is green. I could say gravity pulls you down and you'd argue, how do you know which way is down? You are confrontational and annoying. Anytime someone says something you take it as a personal insult to your integrity and ego. Grow up, fight your own battles (DaWickedOne never said "Oh please Necroman defend me, I'm to stupid to do it myself"), and learn how to present your self in a manner fitting of someone your age.

Too bad this forum doesn't have an "ignore posts by" feature, cause I'd certainly use it on you.

N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Heh.

Your whole post could be summarized in "grow up, fool, and get a life". This is usually a pleasant statement to hear, as it says more about the person who speaks than the one spoken about. But there was something I cannot skip: "fight your own battle".

If you mean the battle against falseness (when people yell about "legality" probably meaning they have never downloaded a single "illegal" MP3 file themselves), against abuse of logic (when they assume everything about others, compare incomparable things and use that rubbish as arguments), against injustice (when they flame people who ask simple questions, in order to demostrate their political correctness one more time)

- then this is MY battle too.

Sincerely,
Necroman, #mIRC @ Undernet
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok what does anything u have said have to do with DOWNLOADING STUFF OFF MIRC

which is what the original post was about ....... your not helping now ..... your just carrying on like child about a subject thats been beaten like a dead horse .......

granted you are correct mirc does infact have filesharing capability ...... and those who do fileshare will say yes it all good as long as i dont get busted ...... which again ur right who goes after these ppl anyway ........ now for something that really is on subject ......

just because they are able to do it doesnt mean they should ....... ive used this atleast once as an analogy to get it acrosed and ill use it again .........

say the speedlimit is posted 45 ...... u see no cops around ... your car will infact do 125 ......... that mean its ok?

anyone who would argue YES is a complete moron and thats the same truth with the file sharing arguement ...... yes we all may or may not have done it ..... BUT IT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT

now for the ppl who are using the dcc for what is legal and right

............. is there any?

jk yes there are ppl who use it for sending things like pics of themselves ...... and other things of that nature ..... also dcc has other uses which could help add to the enhancement of mirc .. such as voice capability ....... thru dcc ....... there are other things that can be given as examples that are actually legal dcc file transfers im sure but i dont have the time patiance or even care to scold u more for being so closed minded as to say hey they did it how come i cant type mentality ....... i cannot stress this strong enough ....... i will not get into a debate with u or anyone else over this issue ... the comments in this post speak for themselves and ned nothing further to put cause to itself ..... if thats not enough for u to understand ...... your loss not mine

D3m0nnet.com
N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
D3m0n, it was very difficult to read what you typed, but I think I've got your point anyway. Now try to get mine. Just a small example, regarding the Russian laws (most familiar to me).

In Russia, we have possibly the widest copyright law system in the world. Everything ever mentioned in copyright laws of other countries is copyrighted here as well, including fonts, databases, etc.

But the way the system interprets "copy right" is different.

It is LEGAL to download MP3 files "off mIRC" or from the Web, for example. Just as legal as to listen to sounds of music coming from someone's else car.

But even though nobody would arrest you for downloading a file, you might get arrested for selling or distributing it one way or another. Particularly, this means that I can LEGALLY download video films, using mIRC, Overnet, or Kazaa. I just can't upload them.

And I find it very obscene that people categorically refuse to help the original poster with downloading SOME files off mIRC while giving him direct advice to join P2P sharing systems.

Sincerely,
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Ok then, in reply to the original poster: now that you're armed with information and opinions about copyright and virii, go to your chosen channel and ask what the commands are there for downloading. :tongue:

Necroman: I believe that p2p networks - whether legal/virii free or not - are a far more efficient way of downloading large files.

Last edited by Poppy; 20/04/03 08:44 AM.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
I agree completely, Poppy

Sincerely,
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Here is my opinion on Internet downloads such as that. I personally think it's morally okay provided that the material doesn't have any commercials cut from it, and it was recorded off of broadcast or basic cable. Since everyone basically has basic cable I assume, it would be like lending a VHS tape to a friend. If it's coming from a premium channel, or has commercials cut out, I think it's immoral since it is hurting the business. Also, the downloads would have to be for free, and not charging the downloader anything, to be fair. This is my opinion. By the way, I don't download movies/episodes off the Internet. I'd rather have them on DVD or VHS, since their quality on the Internet is horrible I heard.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard