mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I was watching the admin panel for my e-commerce store, and I noticed that someone tried to hit this page, "/store/index.php?main_page=http://www.voice.ch/.u". It isn't a valid page on my site, so I went to http://www.voice.ch/.u to see what it was. It looked like mIRC script, and it looked like it was doing something with UDP and pinging. Is it some script to just do pings on your web server or is it something harmful?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
It's PHP, not mIRC script. I didn't look at it too much because PHP makes my eyes bleed, but it's a very basic IRC bot that could be used to execute a denial of service attack by "packeting" a given address. It's rudimentary at best though, and it's always possible that it has legitimate uses.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Thanks. Anyone know anything about DarkNET? I looked them up online and saw something about ethical hacking. I can understand the concept, but I don't see how it's ethical if they don't have the website owner's permission. A DoS attack isn't so innocent either. The file in that link had info on a server IP, port, and channel, so I joined, but it said I had to have a registered nick to be able to type. Conveniently, there was no NickServ set up either.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
if they use a irc channel, then i guess it have loads of bot's in it, and they send a command to all the bot's to start flood a given host, have seen it befor, but was 2 years ago if not longer. So remember, never download files from a site or from a user if you don't know what it does.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard