mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
What do you do if you wanted to announce to a channel about the criticism and complaints without flooding/loading the 4 pages into the channel itself or the p.m. windows of every op?

Why.. find the message board that has the largest percent of the channel op staff. Logically, that beats posting in the message board with the least amount of op staff.

And then I of course, understand if you don't appreciate my reasoning. Sorry for whatever minimal damage or not I caused to the people not involved in this. Maybe I'm a negative externality.

-Neal.

Edit: Now of course, there will be consequences for posting in such a message board. Particularly the fact that you may get additional criticism from people who do not regular the channel, therefore, find the topic irrelevant in the message board. But those consequences will not weigh in with what I came here to get - feedback from channel staff.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Your criticism hasn't been 4 pages long... you've made about one original point worth about one line of IRC buffer space.

"YOURE BEING UNFAIR AND MAKING UP RULES ON THE SPOT"

We know. Live with it.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Which is why this is a gamble - I never know if someone out there cares.

-Neal.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Oh for crying out loud, just shut up and quit wasting time, bandwidth and storage space on your Internet sob story. Were you referring to real life then you may have some issues that ought to be resolved. But you're not. And you don't. So let's just end this right here. Thankyou.

<Ingo> I can't uninstall it, there seems to be some kind of "Uninstall Shield"
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Well, no one cares.

Please.

Stop.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: argv0
Well, no one cares.

In that case, no one is my best friend. I like no one!

-Neal.

L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Now here's a 3rd situation I'm against.

Suppose there were 2 brothers, brother A, and brother B. Both brother A and brother B hate each other. Both of them hang in #channel. Both of them want to be op in that channel. Both of them do not want to be banned from #channel.

Suppose brother A becomes op. He will ban brother B.

Suppose brother B becomes op. He will ban brother A.

I'm completely against this situation - because it violates the Golden Rule (the do unto others thing). Now whether or not the Golden Rule is illogical or not, I haven't spent the time to think about it.

-Neal.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I'll do the honours.

Mentality/Chris
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard