Print Thread
#191512 10/12/07 06:07 PM
R
RoCk Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R

Well it isn't in the help file, but some time ago I tried using the -r switch with no address to clear the aop, avoice & protect lists, like with the /ignore command, but the lists weren't cleared even though it said it was. It works in 6.21 & 6.3, it doesn't work in 6.31. I noticed this a few weeks ago, another post today reminded me to report it.

/aop -r
-
* Auto-Op list cleared
-

/avoice -r
-
* Auto-Voice list cleared
-

/protect -r
-
* Protect list cleared
-

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
As far as I can tell all four commands now behave consistently. I haven't checked whether or not they did before.

The -r switch for these commands only removes entries that are specific to the current (active) network. To remove all entries you should use -rw, e.g: /aop -rw. This is also consistent with the way entries are added (for the current network only, unless the -w switch is specified).

Perhaps these command's outputs should be supplemented with the name of the network for clarity.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd like to see the network displayed as well for these. I recently worked on making part of dialog that handled the ignore list and when testing it to see what was happening when adding/removing/changing the ignores, it was difficult to know which network's name was removed without checking to see which was left because the message doesn't say. It made it take twice as long to find/fix all of the kinks from the many possible things that can be done with the ignore list.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
RoCk Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
R

Yeah I see what you mean, they were changed to be consistent with /ignore but it wasn't added to the change log. I did look there for any changes before posting.

Link Copied to Clipboard