mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Y
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Y
i have been using 6.16 for a while and today i finally upgraded to the latest version
but now none of my scripts are working!!
i even tried this:
on *:text:*:#: { echo -a $1- }
and nothing is happening

whats wrong?

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Have you tried enabling your remotes??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

/remote on

-genius_at_work!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Actually, I'm having the same problem, minus the broken ! and ? keys.

Up till yesterday morning, everything was working fine, but, now, my aliases work, and so do my pop-ups, but the remotes have stopped responding. And yes /remote is on, my script is loaded, etc.

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Originally Posted By: yuiyitutyu
i have been using 6.16 for a while and today i finally upgraded to the latest version
but now none of my scripts are working!!
i even tried this:
on *:text:*:#: { echo -a $1- }
and nothing is happening

whats wrong?

lol thats because you peeps prolly upgraded everything and when you do that the scripts file is also updated so it be like new also sometimes something gets corrupted and the scripts unload themselves i dont know why but it happened to me all you do in that case is reload them.

and about the on text...well thats just not correct " $1- " means its a whole line...but what line are you specifying? thats right..no line therefore nothing will echo...also the on text will only work if someone else types it not you..if you want it for you then you do "on input" instead wink

/help on input
/help on text

one more thing...it be easier to just do /echo -a (whatever you want here without the parenthesis)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: r34dm4n
and about the on text...well thats just not correct " $1- " means its a whole line...but what line are you specifying? thats right..no line therefore nothing will echo...

It is a valid test. If someone types something, the on TEXT will trigger and will echo whatever was typed. $1- refers to what was typed that triggered the event.

As for why the scripts stopped working, it can be because of something in the scripts that doesn't work in newer versions of mIRC. Usually that's caused by a mistake in the script that mIRC used to ignore, but doesn't ignore anymore, such as a missing ) in an IF statement. If you are testing remotes using a script like you showed, then you need to make sure your test script is in its own file... not at the end of another script file. Otherwise, it may not trigger because a similar event in that script file may prevent it from triggering.

Beyond that, reinstall mIRC and test it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard