mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#190549 22/11/07 03:39 PM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
I'd like a way to easily return the duration a person has been in the channel.

I noticed there's the .idle property in $nick(), which returns the idle. But there's no way to return the duration that the person has joined the channel. Although the .idle property is nice (which can be while looped to who's been idle the longest to the least), it would also be nice to while loop th duration to who's been in the channel the longest to least.

Also, I noticed the .idle property starts from 0 everytime you join a channel. If a person has been idle from the moment you joined, then the .idle property just returns how long you have been in the channel. It shouldn't return anything since mIRC doesn't know the idle time of the user.. It should start from user the moment the user said something, rather than start from 0 when you joined the channel. (Or maybe it could say minimum of..) so you know this person hasn't said anything since.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

I would like to have a .dur property too.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
The only way to get this information reliably is to '/whois' every member of the channel. This is just un-necessary load on the server for something so simple that very few people will actually use.

I don't think it's necessary.

L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: Bekar
The only way to get this information reliably is to '/whois' every member of the channel. This is just un-necessary load on the server for something so simple that very few people will actually use.

I don't think it's necessary.

Does mIRC whois everyone in the channel to return the idle time for the .idle property? I don't think so.

And the /whois doesn't return the time that a person joined a channel either.

-Neal.

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
hi neal

yes i want this!

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
Y
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Y
hmm. What if you had joined AFTER they had? i dont think mIRC could figure out how long they were in there if they were there before you now would it? although i may be wrong =\

L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: Yosshi
hmm. What if you had joined AFTER they had? i dont think mIRC could figure out how long they were in there if they were there before you now would it? although i may be wrong =\

That's the exact same thing with the .idle property. A .dur property wouldn't be that different.

So the .idle property will reset to 0 on an on text event, whereas the .dur property will reset to 0 on an on join event.

Link Copied to Clipboard