mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Hi, will mIRC be integrating the recent and not so recent additions to the QuakeNET channelmodes into the /channel popup? These are the new ones (all channelmodes):

+C : Stops any user from /ctcp #channel ing

+c : Stops any text that has colour codes in it from reaching the channel.

+r : Only Services-authed (Q & L) users can join the channel

+u : Replaces /quit messages from anyone in the channel with "Signed off" (stops advertising etc in quit messages)

Cheers..

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
no no no no
Though I idle in tha allmighty GUAGENETZ !!!!1111

'nuff said

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Just ignore theRat.

Anyway, these will most likely not be added, why? They are not standard. For example, on DALnet +r can not be set by users, it is set by services (tells you the channel is registered). In UnrealIRCd +u is auditorium mode (hides non-ops from other non-ops). In CR (if I remember) +u is userop.
Additionally, many servers don't even support the modes. So users would complain "I told mIRC to set 'no color mode' but the server said 'unknown mode' and it still allows colors"

So basically, these are non-standard so it is unlikely that they will be added to mIRC's channel central.

M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Fair enough.. i dont suppose mirc could change what channel central is called depending on which network its connected to? smile

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I suppose it would be possible, but seeing as how it has been suggested a few times, I doubt it will actually be added.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Could always script your own, thats what I'm doing..

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yea but with all the raws involved (ban list, invite list, except list) it gets ugly really fast.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
codemastr raises a good point.

+e is the Chanel CTCP block on my network.

+r is for bother registered names and channels.

+u or any other mode can't be used to block QUIT messages as ON QUIT is not a channel event. Some IRCd's, including but not limited to CR (ConferenceRoom) already have an AdminServ function to turn part and quit msgs on and off. Some others, namely Austhex (Austnet's yarn) by default show the name of the network and/or network website URL in the quit msg. So generally this is already catered for on some networks.

If you have a script that you have set up for one specific network, as I have, then the best option is to make your own banlist dialogue, as I have done. With this you can include checkboxes for the modes that are unique to your network. I went further and added full oper support, samodes, all channel and user modes, a better topic changer, a links panel for the websites I like to visit, etc etc etc. 2300 lines of code later I had a better (or more relevant) channel central than mIRC will ever provide. That's not a cheap shot at mIRC though, I believe, inline with what codemastr implies, is that mIRC should be as universal as possible and then it is upto the humble scripter to make up the difference.

All I need to do now is work out why my channel central only unbans one entry at a time. I just don't have the time to rummage through 2300 lines of code to fix it. The thing is I never bother with untimed bans anyway so it really doesn't matter. :tongue:

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quakenet +u channel mode blocks quit messages, if you're on any channel which has +u enabled you will have "Signed off" as quit reason.

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no

Link Copied to Clipboard