mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
M
Er... when I saw mIRC's new icon, I thought "Oh great! It must now support the new bigger sizes that Vista allows."

Well I was wrong.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Vista supports icons with sizes up to 512x512! At least support sizes up to 128x128! I am tired of the tiny ugly icons on my desktop!

Christ how hard is it to upgrade icons?

And why still no icons for .mrc files? I mean PLEASE are those not mIRC files? If you create a new file extension specific to your application, you gotta make an icon for it!

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Vista supports icons with sizes up to 512x512! At least support sizes up to 128x128! I am tired of the tiny ugly icons on my desktop!

Christ how hard is it to upgrade icons?

Calm down.

Yes, it would be nice if there were larger icons for the future, but really is it worth getting worked up over? I mean 128x128 is still too big to be practical on most existing video resolutions. And 512x512 is just ridiculous - what, do you want 4 icons to fill your entire screen?

Quote:
And why still no icons for .mrc files? I mean PLEASE are those not mIRC files? If you create a new file extension specific to your application, you gotta make an icon for it!

mIRC does't associate itself with .mrc files in Windows so why would it give them an icon? It'd be nice if there was an icon provided that could be used for that purpose for those who want to associate it themselves (although currently there's nothing wrong with the second icon in $mircexe), but unless mIRC is associating itself with a file extension it shouldn't give it an icon automatically.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
What about these 3840 x 2400 22" displays? They will be eventually getting cheaper, and then big icons etc. are a nice thing.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
http://mirc.com/images/indexlogo.gif

That's 128x128 (more or less). That should tide you and your 3800 pixel screen over for the next little while.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yes, I'm sure eventually they will. But right now around 95% of computer users are running at a resolution less than 1600x1200 on their desktops and it'll be years before that changes much. So like I said, while it'll be handy to have larger icons for the future and for those select few who use ultra-high resolutions now, it certainly isn't something to get worked up over because they're not in v6.31.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard