#189060 03/11/07 10:19 AM
T
Tewl Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Skip to bottom for what I suggest.

I have posted a few topics about some problems I have had with very long nicknames and have been trying to come up with some kind of solution.

First you should know that I use a socket script connection which so that I may handle incoming data before it is sent to mIRC to be processed for the events.

When I recieve the 353 the long nicknames are added to the nicklist correctly. When a user joins a shortened value is added to the nicklist, or when the user leaves the long (correct) value is still left in the nicklist.

I could manage these events without sending them to be processed if I could add and remove names from the nicklist myself.

I was wondering if adding support for adding, removing, and clearing the nicklist would be possible.

p.s. Before you say use a custom nicklist I am wanting to keep the functionality of being able to associate the names in the channel window when I love the mouse over them.

Last edited by Tewl; 03/11/07 10:24 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't think mIRC will natively support changing the people who are in the nicklist. There are various security issues possible in such a situation. Of course, custom nicklists also have the same possible problems with users being hidden or changed without a user's knowledge, but a script can be seen and removed, while changes in mIRC may not be as noticeable. Anyhow, the suggestion of being able to hide users in the nicklist (same idea, but only dealing with the one part of it) has been suggested in the past and nothing has come of it, so I don't really expect to see any change.

A custom nicklist is your best option and you should be able to script the same functionality for nicks in the channel as already exists, depending on what you want to do.

Anyhow, we usually aren't told what new features there will be in mIRC until the release date, so your guess is as good as mine, but I just thought I'd comment on it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard