mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#187995 15/10/07 11:25 PM
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Okay as always I'm sure somebody here will explain to me that my feature suggestion is pointless because it is already possible in mIRC, but I'm going to attempt it anyway.

The /font command lacks the ability to change some settings as they can be changed in the font dialog, mainly the following:
- Script (Western, Japanese, etc.)
- UTF-8
- Use default

For the first one, I would really like to see this. I am in a couple channels that occasionally have japanese conversations, and I am unable to read without going into the font dialog. I do not like keeping my font on something like MS Gothic > Japanese script, so I usually revert after the conversation is done. I do have an alias to switch the base fonts, but I have to go in and manually switch the script to Japanese.

As for the UTF-8 setting, I personally don't use it, but I noticed that it wasn't in the /font command.

And the default setting I noticed when I made my font toggle alias. I had to manually specify what my font setting should be after my conversation was done, rather than using a default switch on the /font command.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Having the option to change those settings wouldn't be a bad thing.

As far as your issues with Japanese characters... have you tried UTF-8 with font linking? I don't have a Japanese channel to test on, but I believe it will work without the need to use MS Gothic as your normal font.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard