Print Thread
#18787 10/04/03 08:46 PM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
I have this kind of problem:
I made a script so iy can be used in Internet Cafe (with lamer stuff as services commands, and colorful thing etc.), and I want to make some kind of protection for it so I doesn't get one of the sticky mIRC viruses that you could find in the net nowa days. Because you know lamers open every site they have been invited to see with spam bots etc. and I don't want to catch some of those scripts of backdoors. So how can I make a protection so ONLY the scripts that I have put in the mIRC are used and not any others. I tried with making all the files Read-Only including mirc.ini but in the 6.03 version when you start the exe file it removes the read-only attributes. I tried to make a CHECK script to check the size of mirc.ini and the other script files and shutdown mIRC if it is different. But changing your nickname for example to some big one makes the mirc.ini file bigger and the check script crashes...

Please Help Me ! crazy

Regards, ThE_mASk.
#18788 10/04/03 08:50 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok im taking a stab at a possible solution ......
im not sure if tis possible to get modified file date ..... but if there is ..... try running a check on that and adding it to a .txt file in ur mirc ........ then when u open or ON start ...... check to make sure these modifacation dates match .. if not shut down ....... now i dont know if its possibkle but its about all i can think of ....... aside from running filesize checks like uve already tried .......

D3m0nnet.com
#18789 12/04/03 12:58 AM
J
Babel fish
Babel fish
J
You can password protect the copy of mIRC youre using wink
then it can only be used by you.

or you can add a check for length of line in each script and if 1 script doesnt match XX lines then have mirc unload it smile $lines(filename)

#18790 12/04/03 11:50 AM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
No, look I don't want to be the only one who uses the script. I just don't want anyone to be able to add more script files in the remote or add lines to the existing scritps. This kind of protection I need...

Regards, ThE_mASk.
#18791 12/04/03 03:01 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
One way would be to set mIRC up how you want it as default, then make a backup copy of the entire mIRC folder somewhere.
Make a vbscript or a batch file (IMHO a VBScript is better because it runs invisibly) to delete the entire mircdir contents and copy the backed up folder back into it, and then finally run mirc.exe
Change the shortcut in the start menu|desktop to run that instead of mirc. Change the icon to mirc's icon :[/b])
That way, each time it's run, it is a clean copy set up exactly as you wanted.

#18792 13/04/03 01:35 PM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
It really Sonunds GREAT but... I really don't have the knowledge to do it. Could you tell me how to do it exactly or send it to me or give me site to see how it's done.

P.S. My E-mail: ThE_mASk@ThE-GheTTo.oRg

Regards, ThE_mASk.
#18793 13/04/03 02:50 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Copy/paste the code into notepad, edit the paths and save it somewhere (NOT in the mircdir) as copymirc.vbs.
Rightclick on the mirc icon in the startmenu/desktop/wherever and choose "Properties".
In the "Target" field, change "C:\path to \mirc.exe" to "X:\path to\where you saved\copymirc.vbs"
Change the icon from the same dialog, browse to the backup mirc and use that.
Run it... smile

The script assumes the working mircdir as "C:\mirc", and the backup folder "D:\mircbackup". Naturally, you'll have to edit the "paths" to suit.

Code:
'copymirc.vbs

On Error Resume Next
Dim fso, shell
set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
fso.DeleteFolder("[color:green]C:\mirc[/color]")
' The above line is where the folder "C:\mirc" is deleted.

fso.CopyFolder "[color:green]D:\mircbackup[/color]","[color:green]C:\mirc[/color]"
' This is copying everything in "D:\mircbackup" to "C:\mirc"
' "C:\mirc" is recreated in this process.

set shell = WScript.CreateObject ("WSCript.shell")
shell.run "[color:green]C:\mirc\mirc.exe[/color]"
' Finally run mirc.exe
' Use a short file name here if there are any spaces in the path.
' e.g. "C:\Progra~1\mirc\mirc.exe"

'EOF

Note: the paths must be enclosed in "quotes", as in the examples I used.

#18794 13/04/03 06:36 PM
T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
any chance off talking too someone offline i.ie. private//private chat. know whati mean????

#18795 13/04/03 06:44 PM
T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
rtretretretrtrwtrwet

Link Copied to Clipboard