mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#1865 15/12/02 08:09 AM
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
Hi! I have a problem that I was wondering if anyone could help me with. Several weeks ago for no reason that I could see, I could no longer connect to irc.enterthegame.com at #pefe. On my window, it simply stops at the step where it's trying to find my Ident.

People in the room say that I am there, but I can't see who's there nor any messages they type. Whenever I send a message it states that I'm not in a chat room.

I would be very appreciative of anyone's help! Thanks!

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
You might try turning your remotes off while you're connecting there. If your script gets hung in a loop, you might have the problem you described. mIRC could go on and finish connecting you and even auto-join the channel, but your display never "catches up" with what's really going on. The other thing you might try, if your cursor stops blinking when you try to connect is to hold down the Ctrl key and hit Pause/Break (probably several times) to see if you stop a loop from processing. If this fixes the problem, then all you have to do is find the offending loop and fix it or unload the script it's in.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
C
OP Offline
C
Now where would I go to tinker with remotes? Also, where is this "Pause/Break?"

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Just type /remote off after you started mIRc but before you connect smile

DALnet: #HelpDesk, #mIRC, #MISHScript - Undernet: #mIRC, #mIRC-Scripts
C
OP Offline
C
Alright, I turned remotes off, but's still not doing anything differently.

The last thing it says is "Checking Ident."

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Are you using a BNC/psyBNC??

C
OP Offline
C
How can I tell which I am using?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If you were using a bnc, you would know. Pause/break is a key on the row where your F keys are...on my keyboard it's 3 keys to the right of F12. Try typing /remote off before you connect. If that doesn't work, hit the pause/break key. Hope that's a bit clearer for you smile

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
A BNC or a psyBNC is now something you DON't need to be using. A BNC will just change your host to a fake host for example instead of having modem.isp.com I would have IRC.addicted.com, and the psyBNC is the same just keeps your nick online 24hours/7days per week even when you are not online. Peoples pay to shell companies to have BNC/psyBNC I had just noticed this with the channels in some old versions on BNC, that is why I asked if you were using a psyBNC or a BNC.

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
If you have tried the suggestions above with no luck, I would recommend clicking here and downloading a fresh, legitimate copy of mIRC. Install to a totally new directory, say c:\mIRC2 and see if you are still unable to connect.

Good luck smile

C
OP Offline
C
Alright, I tried the above suggestions and installed a new version in a new folder. I still don't get any new results from mIRC. frown

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
On the newly installed mIRC.exe, open it up, and type in the status: /server irc.prison.net

Once connected , join #mIRC, let's see if we can help you from there.

H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
I am currently having the exact same problem..on the same network. Was there a solution found to this problem?

Link Copied to Clipboard