mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Hello. I have searched for this suggestion to see whether or not it has been asked before, but couldn't find anything about it.

For a long time I have been bothered by the switchbar icons being too large and therefore making the buttons take up way too much space (for me). When having a lot of windows open my switchbar very quickly becomes cluttered. Therefore, I am suggesting that you implement an option to remove the icons from the switchbar, allowing the user to shrink the size of the buttons even further and just having the text there. Another nice feature would be the ability to colour the text of each window according to its type, e.g. status windows having blue text, queries being green and normal channels being red. When highlighted, the button text would instead of changing colours become bold.

I hope you take this suggestion into consideration.

kristnjov, AMMM honorary bat
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just as a note, there is the treebar, which does take up somewhat less space.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Hide the window:

Code:
/window -h #channel

This works successfully for me.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
They want to remove the icon from the button on the switchbar, not the entire button.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
.. My bad .. wink

K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Of course, but it does take up a lot more vertical space! smile Removing the switchbar icons would be just perfect.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ah, you must have it horizontal. Yes, it would. When vertical, it takes up less space. In any case, I don't use it because I prefer switchbars.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Somewhat related, and perhaps will alleviate some of your channel clutter: you can alt-click on the server switchbar button to 'roll up' the channel buttons. In mIRC 6.3 this then means you get a drop-down list of the channels for each server.

Sais
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Originally Posted By: Sais
Somewhat related, and perhaps will alleviate some of your channel clutter: you can alt-click on the server switchbar button to 'roll up' the channel buttons. In mIRC 6.3 this then means you get a drop-down list of the channels for each server.

I have set Alt+click to move windows, so that doesn't work well for me. And also, it's not really what I'm looking for.

J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
When, oh when, is Alt+LClick going to have a parallel functioning command. /sigh

Link Copied to Clipboard