mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#186951 29/09/07 06:02 AM
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
From the bugs forum thread located here: https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=186596&page=1#Post186596

This is requesting the ability to handle multiple targets for the on INPUT, as on TEXT events handle. For example:
on *:INPUT:#,?:
would allow you to make one script for both channels and queries.

This could also be applied to other event types that currently only allow a single target.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
What's wrong with the * character, which is currently available?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
* includes @windows and dcc chats.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Hixxy: I realize that, and, after re-reading my post, I realize I could've worded it better.

KilledInAction: As a temporary solution, the * could be used, as this will cover channel and pm windows. If you want to know if it's a channel window or not, check the return from $chan.

If it's a channel window, then $chan will return the name of the channel, otherwise it'll return $null

Hixxy's notation is, realistically, if not literally, the only drawback that I know of.

G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
*ignore*

Last edited by Ghozer; 30/09/07 03:40 AM.
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Hixxy: I realize that, and, after re-reading my post, I realize I could've worded it better.

KilledInAction: As a temporary solution, the * could be used, as this will cover channel and pm windows. If you want to know if it's a channel window or not, check the return from $chan.

If it's a channel window, then $chan will return the name of the channel, otherwise it'll return $null

Hixxy's notation is, realistically, if not literally, the only drawback that I know of.

Code:
on *:input:*:{
  if $window($target).type isin channel query { do stuff }
}

Link Copied to Clipboard