Print Thread
#186538 23/09/07 07:06 PM
G
Ghozer Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
When creating a dialog, it would give alot more control over the dialog content, and make it more dynamic if we had alias support within a dialog...

for example, take the dialog..
dialog test {
title "Test Dialog"
size -1 -1 170 77
option dbu
box "Box", 1, 2 6 138 20
$icon
}

Then the 'icon' alias, would return standard dialog code such as...
alias icon {
return icon 2, 3 11 4 12, $mircDirCore\bar.jpg, 0, noborder
}

i know you can support variables and such within the dialog, and aliase within the dialog line(s) but i think this would be a useful thing

I want this so i can create a 'bar' graph type thing,
if not, add a reapeat property for images, so they repeat X times within the area assigned...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The alias would only be called when you made the dialog. That wouldn't be any different from having the alias in the init section or just putting the line in the dialog table to begin with.

If you want a bar graph, then you can easily set one up by either placing full (100%) bars in there, then adjusting the height or width attribute (depending if your bars are vertical or horizontal) when you init the dialog or change something in it. Or, if your image for the bars doesn't look good with the size changed, just stick all images needed to reach 100% on the dialog and then use the hide/display switches in the init section or wherever you change the graph.

Either choice wouldn't be difficult to do and really wouldn't be any easier by having an alias in the dialog table. Like I said, the alias would only be called when the table was created, so it's not really going to help any more than putting the alias in the init section or putting the lines directly into the table.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard