A
AidanJT Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
Synopsis
--------
This might only be noticeable on dualhead setups, however when you're using an app that uses directshow overlays (like windows media player, media player classic and so forth), mIRC wont collapse back to the systray by clicking the icon. You need to click the mIRC taskbar entity instead. I have the following Tray options enabled:
Always show mIRC icon in tray
Place mIRC in tray when minimized
Animate icon when there is activity
Single click on the tray icon to open

So far, mIRC is the only app I've observed that has this bug.

Expected behaviour
------------------
One click on the mIRC system tray icon will hide mIRC in the system tray (or notification area as Microsoft likes to call it now).

Actual behaviour
----------------
While an active directshow overlay is running (playing back a movie or some such), mIRC wont hide itself until the overlay is minimised or stopped, when WMP is minimised to the right of the taskbar this effect can still be observed when the media information popup is present.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue here so far. mIRC will minimize to tray only if it is the topmost active application. When you try to minimize mIRC to tray, is it the topmost active application? Or is it just visible?

A
AidanJT Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
Yes, mIRC is the application in focus, on the left head usually, maximised, and the media player would be on the right head, fullscreen, playing a video file fullscreen (usually with DivX as the decoding filter). Clicking on the systray icon wont minimise mIRC under these conditions, instead mIRC seems to try to refocus itself.

The bug doesn't rear it's head with the video overlay inside the media player container window, only fullscreen.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right, I am able to reproduce this now.

Clicking on the mIRC tray icon performs three functions (as opposed to two functions like other applications): 1) if mIRC is the topmost window, mIRC is minimized to tray, 2) if mIRC is already minimized to tray, it is made visible, 3) if mIRC is visible but not the topmost window, it is made the topmost window.

It looks like the issue is with the 3rd feature. Because the media player is fullscreen, it places itself as the topmost window, which mIRC can't override. I'm not sure if there's an easy solution to this other than removing support for the 3rd feature, I am looking into it.

Update: I've added multi-monitor support to the tray click feature which appears to resolve the issue, so this should be fixed in the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard