Print Thread
#183919 23/08/07 06:58 PM
H
Horstl Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
H
These features are both achievable through dlls, and have been suggested before - I'm aware of that.
None the less, I'd like to re-suggest them. My concern is to expand scripting possibilities without the use of third party dlls smile
I'm looking forward to see internal support of tooltips in future versions of mIRC. $crlf... My suggestion:

1) tooltip for nicklist
That is: some kind of hotlink/mouseover (I'm thinking of nicklust dll).
Tip position would be 'bottom-right of nick' if the nicklist is left aligned, or 'bottom-left of nick' if nicklist is right aligned.

I'm visualizing this via:
- new event on nicklist
on <level>:nicklist:<nick|prefix(?)>:<#>:<commands>

... New events won't come along easy, but I cannot think of another way than a new 'on nicklist' event to use the $nicktip (see below) I'm suggesting here... This seems to be the big downside frown
On the other hand side, we already have 'on hotlink' for chans and custom windows, but no analogical event for the nicklist.

- new $nicktip() identifier
Using a syntax akin to $tip():
$nicktip(tiptext,N)
N - delay in milliseconds mouse has to point on $nick before tiptext appears
Working only in an 'on nicklist' event.

2) tooltip as style property for dialog items
Item ["text",] id, x y w h, tooltip N tiptext
N - delay in milliseconds mouse has to point on item(ID) before tiptext appears

... and we'd need some new /did flag and $did properties. (Erm: the only letters left for /did flags are: p q w x y whistle )
/did -pN dname ID text
(p like "pointer"?)
-p - set tooltip text (overwriting old tip text). If no text is specified: remove tip. N - delay in milliseconds. if N is not specified: use default delay.

$did(dname,ID).tiptext : returns tooltip text
$did(dname,ID).delay : returns tooltip delay

To limit the bewildering of new /did flags, my feature suggestion emphatically excludes the implementation of other possible tip flags (enable/disable/append...) laugh
The whole delay thing of dialog tooltips could be left out - it's only an adjunct...

Size, color etc of these tooltips would be the same "system defaults" as we see in toolbar tooltips.

....looking forward for your views/replies cool

Horstl #184433 29/08/07 12:09 AM
P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
Edit:
What was previously posted here was just a joke meant for Horstl, in reference to some undesired somewhat thoughtless comments I've received which Horstl seemed to have noticed as well, it was not meant to be taken literally and i apologize, and hope someone has some meaningful and insightful thoughts / questions on the subject suggested. smile

Last edited by PhireCoder; 29/08/07 04:15 AM.

mIRC Scripting: So easy a caveman could do it.
PhireCoder #184436 29/08/07 12:56 AM
K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
PhireCoder, I'm not really sure you should be speaking for anyone. IF you don't care for a post, by all means, ignore it and/or report something harmful or offensive and a moderator will take care of it.

Not everyone learns or absorbs things at the same rate, so posting something looking for help or looking for input/discussion certainly isn't discouraged.

Trying to verbally chastise someone because you don't agree, is discouraged.

PhireCoder #184437 29/08/07 12:57 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

i haven't read your full dumb post

Well this is true, because Horstl already said it is achievable through dll's and also said my concern is to expand scripting possibilities without the use of third party dlls.

That one command lark, trying to be clever isn't cutting it because what happens if you type that in mIRC, you're correct it does absolutely nothing, so my friend close but no cigar.

Quote:

and you gotta know i'm right, because i am basing this on historical facts!!! yeah that's right!
Historically when someone posts something big and useless like this, there's gotta be some bitching in there somewhere!

Am I missing something? How does that make you right? And where's this history you speak of? Sorry for all these questions but I've never heard so much nonsense.

Quote:

also i think someone posted this like 5 years ago duhhh! check the freakin search before you post!!!

So why didn't you "check" the search before you asked about Hash Copying/Renaming? Nobody likes a hypocrite.

Quote:

p.s. Don't bitch about this response being useless, and not proper feedback, because it's educated and informative based (like i said) on historical facts.

And what facts are they, the whole "this can be done with one 'easy' command" which the OP said was achievable with the use of dlls and then there's the hypocrisy.

All none of those historical facts have been jotted down and taken into consideration.

Quote:

byyyeeeeeeee Loser!!

Now that just isn't nice, you are awarded no brownie points. And that's not a way to go about winning any friends either, I wouldn't be surprised if no one attempted to help you any further.

Happy reading.

Link Copied to Clipboard