Print Thread
#176138 04/05/07 06:25 AM
D
deegee Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
If you issue a ""control"" command (/guser, /protect,/ignore,/aop, etc) specifying a nick and mask type e.g. "/protect nick #chan 2 netwk", on a user who is not in the IAL, mIRC sends a 'userhost nick' to obtain the address to add to the list.
However the IAL is not filled for this user from the reply, as it is when you use '/userhost nick'.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't see anyone else answering, so I'll take a stab.
I see that "/userhost <nick>" does add them into the IAL after i've done an /ialclear to remove them from the IAL, however I don't see /protect and /ignore behaving the same way as /userhost does.

/userhost <nick> generates a RAW 302 event, while /protect and /ignore only generate a green info message. It appears to me that the 302 Raw is what's adding their address to the IAL.

I don't know how/why /ignore adds their address mask to the IGNORE list without bothering to take the effort to also add it to the IAL, since it 'knows' it in order to add it.

D
deegee Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
I see that "/userhost <nick>" does add them into the IAL after i've done an /ialclear to remove them from the IAL, however I don't see /protect and /ignore behaving the same way as /userhost does.
That's exactly my point. :p
Quote:
/userhost <nick> generates a RAW 302 event, while /protect and /ignore only generate a green info message. It appears to me that the 302 Raw is what's adding their address to the IAL.

I don't know how/why /ignore adds their address mask to the IGNORE list without bothering to take the effort to also add it to the IAL, since it 'knows' it in order to add it.
/dns, /ignore, /protect, /ban, /guser, etc all obtain the address in the exact same way, if it is not in the IAL, mIRC sends a '/userhost nick'. mIRC does not display anything from these internal userhost queries but the exact same raw 302 received, therefore it should fill the IAL with that info.

You can see the /userhost request and raw response if you type /debug @debug.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
ok, i see the 302 happening in the debug window, but for some reason it's not triggering the raw-302 event, which is what i was looking for.

D
deegee Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
I notice this is still not fixed in 6.3 frown

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
I don't use mirc 6.3 but the helpfile of previous versions contains a note about /protect:

Quote:
Note: This option is usually limited to using nicknames because of the way IRC servers work, however you can specify an address, and if the user is in your Internal Address List, they will be protected by address.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this has been fixed for the next version.

D
deegee Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
D
Good work. Thanks smile

Link Copied to Clipboard