Print Thread
#183593 21/08/07 07:41 AM
B
Bekar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Ok. My screen layout has the notify list in the bottom-right corner, sort of tucked under a few other windows.

In 6.3, the notify window grabs focus whenever a server connect occurs.

In other words, if I get dropped from a server (usually a connection issue), and reconnect, the Notify window becoms the focused on top window, rather than the previously active window.

The Notify List now also shows up on the switchbar, and requires a '/window -h "Notify List"', then re-opening in order to show the notify list without appearing on the switch bar.

I've not found any option to turn either of these behaviour's off.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Try Addresss Book > Notify > Options > Popup Notify window on connect > uncheck

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
To hide the button you could use /window -w0 "notify list"

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In the new version, if you have the "pop up notify window on connect" option enabled this will force the notify window to take focus every time you connect to a server, even if the notify window is open. I had to make this change because of other issues. When you disconnect from all servers, the notify window is automatically closed.

I can change this in the next version so that 1) the notify window only takes focus the first time it is popped up and 2) the notify window is not automatically closed when you disconnect from a server. This should ensure that it remains unobtrusive most of the time.

How does that sound?

B
Bekar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Sounds good to me smile

This only leaves the showing up on the switch-bar issue. A check-box for that would be nice.

Many thanks smile

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
In general, I like the way it's working now.
My own suggestion would be:

- if "pop up notify window on connect" is checked: refocus on (every) connect, close on disconnect : a "who's online" for the "messenger generation"
- additional check for this option: "...open minimized" (and maybe: "...hide in treebar/switchbar")

- if "pop up notify window on connect" is unchecked: no open/focus/close/show/hide on connection-events: the notify window will only be called manually or via script.

EDIT ...then again, that's many additional cboxes ... your idea is conclusive smile

B
Bekar Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
A hypothetical for you..

You are connected to 2 networks, with Notify window open. It's showing, but is not the active window. Your 2nd connection drops off (for whatever reason), and reconnects. You're typing in the active window.

In 6.3 as it stands, the Notify window will grab focus, and become the active window, even though you were happily typing in a completely different newtork.

To my mind, this is annoying for secondary connections.

If the Notify window is Closed then yes, I agree it should re-open if the "Pop up notify window on connect" is checked. But once it's open, it shouldn't be a focus-hog.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Agreed, it should never creep in as active window. I envisaged some kind of "restore/show".
To put in msl terms what i had in mind :
Code:
on *:connect: {
  if ($popup.notify.onconnect == $true) { 
    var %active $active
    window -r "Notify List"
    window -a %act
  }
}

In other words: Our only issue seems to be: shall the window be restored on (re-)connect, if that very box was checked? I think it should.
...And, as a matter of course, only close if there's no active connection left. cool

Link Copied to Clipboard