mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Originally Posted By: starbucks_mafia
2) Why would you need to install mIRC more than once anyway? mIRC's -r command line switch allows you to have a single mIRC installation from which you can run multiple instances each using separate settings and scripts.

Well, i guess the main reason is that it is easier than creating and modifying shortcuts and so on, and of corse it is habit as this was not always possible.

Another reason may be running more than one different version of mirc.

I also think that many users apply patched to the mirc executable for one reason or another, and may not want it on all instances. (the most common being the blowfish patch)

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
Om3n #183376 19/08/07 02:42 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
* Mentality sighs

If you look back through the history of mIRC, every time a new version is released people moan about one or more of the changes. The fact is, Khaled cannot please everyone (nobody can). Change it back to the old behaviour and people will moan about that. This method works for the vast majority. I'm on XP, and like everyone else I downloaded mIRC from this website when it was released, installed it over my old installation - and hey presto. mIRC is working as it always did.

Why is it so difficult for a picky few to deal with this? "Creating and modifying shortcuts"? Oh yes, that's an arduous task.

This topic has died its death. If Khaled changes it back, hurrah, but I doubt it's going to happen because the current system works fine. Thanks to starbucks and genius_at_work for your constructive replies and workarounds.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard