#144230 07/03/06 06:12 PM
B
Biggles Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Hello,

I think it would be generally more useful if this feature was not server specific. Just a general list of channels you have recently visited. I wonder how many people agree.

I sit on a server for 2 days chatting regular... And then I connect and find the favorites list is always empty because I get routed to another server... This always happens 9 times of 10 the channels I have frequented are not listed, the recent channels list is nearly always empty.

It could be scripted but I think the feature would be better improved this way.

Last edited by Biggles; 07/03/06 06:15 PM.
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
I don't know if this is what you meant, but there could be an option to make the favorites list network-specific instead of server-specific.

-genius_at_work

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
It seems to me that if you have only just connected to a server (regardless of reason for prior disconnect) and you do no have channels on autojoin, then the list is empty because there simply are not any channels that you have recently visited..... To me, it seems like there are plenty of options availible for autojoining channels, rejoining on kick and on rejoining on reconnect and so on.

The only circumstance i can think of at this moment when you will quit and rejoin a network and there will be no channels windows open (where there was before disconnect) if when you close mirc completely. In other cases (connection reset and so on) the channels windows will still be there, and you can choose to autorejoin them.

I guess i dont see much of a use for the recent channels all in all, but that is besides the point i suppose, however it seems more appropriate and potentially useful that is be network specific rather than global. (assuming its network specific and not server specific, if not then i guess that would be my suggestion)

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
B
Biggles Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Omen yeah i'm not talking about auto-join or anything like that. At the moment the list is not Global - It's server specific.

I guess that Network specific would be better than server specific if Global really is too ugly.

I think most people dont have thoughts on this, Simply because they never use the feature - It is not useful in it's present state unless you always gurantee yourself to connect to a specific server.

Last edited by Biggles; 09/03/06 04:23 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'll be changing this in the next bugfix release so that it is network-specific, the list will be retained as long as you have one status window for that network open and will be used for any new connections to that network.

B
Biggles Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
That's great. smile smile

B
Biggles Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Hi, I'm not sure, but I think you did implement this in one version, And now it appears to be removed.

It's just a strange thing, the "Recent Channels" menu is forever empty. Network centric makes so much more sense, The channels exist on the same network. Wherefore should it be server centric?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It should still be network-centric in mIRC 6.3. As far as I can tell it is still working correctly. If you are seeing an empty Recent Channels menu can you describe a step by step process that reproduces the issue for you?

Link Copied to Clipboard