Page 1 of 2 1 2
#182049 03/08/07 08:12 PM
O
Osah Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
O
I think Khaled should post us some images of the office he works 'on mirc'.

codemastr_
Osah #182059 03/08/07 11:52 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I'd rather see updated version(s) of mIRC, than pictures of where Khaled works. I paid for the program, not to see where he works.

RusselB #182063 04/08/07 12:18 AM
O
Osah Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
O
never been curious, where that mIRC version comes from :P besides UK, London, Khaled.

Last edited by Osah; 04/08/07 12:18 AM.

codemastr_
RusselB #182072 04/08/07 02:28 AM
W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
Originally Posted By: RusselB
I'd rather see updated version(s) of mIRC, than pictures of where Khaled works. I paid for the program, not to see where he works.

best reply in last 2 years

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
Osah #182079 04/08/07 09:21 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Originally Posted By: Osah

I'm not intrested in see a room with a computer and a monitor, would be bether to see a VISTA version of mirc instead, thats the only thing that stop me from installing VISTA since i want to have a fully working mirc version. smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Why the hell are people hijacking this thread to make it about whining for a new version? The thread has nothing to do with that, if you want to moan some more add it to one of the existing threads about that and let this thread stay on its original topic.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Although I would normally agree with such a comment about hijacking a thread, I honestly don't think this is being hijacked. The question was about seeing his office and people who responded all stated that INSTEAD of seeing the office, they'd rather see a new version. Basically, no one cares about the office other than the OP it seems, but they do care about time spent updating mIRC rather than time spent putting up pics of his office. I think that's a legitimate response for the topic. And I agree with that sentiment, though I have no problems being patient and waiting for a new version. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #182090 04/08/07 02:27 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
But that's based on the ludicrous notion that it's an either-or situation. As if Khaled taking a photo of his office (assuming he even has one) will in any way slow down the development of mIRC. It seems like a weak excuse for a few people to make the same tired old argument.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
sparta #182105 04/08/07 07:44 PM
V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
Originally Posted By: sparta
Originally Posted By: Osah

I'm not intrested in see a room with a computer and a monitor, would be bether to see a VISTA version of mirc instead, thats the only thing that stop me from installing VISTA since i want to have a fully working mirc version. smile

That's the most rediculous thing i've seen you type yet.
And PS: I've been using vista for 4 months now, and i've not encountered any problems.

vexed2 #182116 04/08/07 10:13 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Since mirc have allot of bugs with vista, then why is it "rediculous" to wait for a version that arent loaded with bugs?

PS: im not intrested in if you used it 4 months without any problems, search for vista in the forum and the hits will show you mirc and vista dosent work that well.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #182117 04/08/07 10:23 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I wouldn't say there are alot of bugs with Vista, I don't really have the evidence to back that up but there hasn't been a new release of mIRC since Vista was released.

sparta #182119 04/08/07 10:36 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There aren't a lot of bugs with Vista. However, those that are there can affect people enough to cause problems for them. Depending what you do with mIRC, you may never experience problems, or you may. Reading the bugs for Vista would tell you if you'd have to deal with them.

That said, unless you have problems with your current OS, why upgrade? We know there are problems with mIRC and Vista. We know there are problems with various other software and Vista. We also know that there aren't really any major changes in Vista other than security and some GUI changes. If you're running fine in your current OS, when shell out hundreds on something that could give you problems and isn't really an upgrade? Just my opinion. smile

Invision Support
Riamus2 #182123 04/08/07 10:45 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I also think it's a bit silly to base a decision on not to install Vista because a program doesn't gel with that OS too good. There's a few other programs out there (with more importance, i.e. AV software perhaps and other related software) that aren't Vista compatible. One of the main problems with Vista that I've read is the whole default browser issue. Which I think is fixed for the next release anyway.

Back on track with the thread.

Quote:
never been curious, where that mIRC version comes from :P besides UK, London, Khaled.

Since mIRC is developed in his home (I believe), I don't think it would be right to evade ones privacy like that, he'd probably feel like he was in the Big Brother house or something.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
May i ask why it's silly? if i want to use a program, then i want it to be 100% compatible with my OS, so why try to make workarounds for things then wait untill the most of the problems are solved?

but i agree with
Quote:

Since mIRC is developed in his home (I believe), I don't think it would be right to evade ones privacy like that, he'd probably feel like he was in the Big Brother house or something.

And i still think a picture of a desc a computer a monitor in a room arent that intresting smile

But if people want to see that, then they should see it.

sparta #182125 04/08/07 11:17 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I'll change that from silly to weird. Maybe it's just me but not installing it due to an application not functioning well to me seems a little strange. There doesn't seem to be too many major issues with Vista, nothing is always perfect.

Quote:

But if people want to see that, then they should see it.

I want a million pounds, but I don't think I should get it, there's people living in poverty that deserve it more than me.

Riamus2 #182127 04/08/07 11:36 PM
M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
I still see you preaching the same thing... Why get Vista....

Well, I will keep preaching you mine: Vista came on my laptop and I can't go to Windows XP.

And by the way, its August 5 now and still not a smell of a Vista-compatible mIRC release...

And yes, I paid my registration money.

Last edited by mystiky; 04/08/07 11:37 PM.
Riamus2 #182131 05/08/07 12:23 AM
W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
We also know that there aren't really any major changes in Vista other than security and some GUI changes.

that indeed shows how LITTLE or NOTHING you know about vista

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, let's see. Direct from M$'s site.

New features:
  • Tabbed browsing (IE already has it without Vista and most who want it use Firefox anyhow)
  • Built in IM (collaboration, if you prefer not to call it IM... most will probably stick to the main ones-- AIM and MSN)
  • Synchronization for going mobile (also possible without Vista)
  • Parental controls for time kids can use the computer (fits with security if you ask me, but even so, it's still possible without Vista)
  • New mail program that supposed to be more secure (again security)
  • DirectX 10 (a new version that doesn't help you if you don't have a newer graphics card (Geforce 8 series or higher for example))
  • Game browser (If you are smart and install all games into a Games folder instead of Program Files, you don't need this)
  • More parental controls to prevent playing games with certain ESRB ratings (again, security)
  • Photo gallery (available without Vista)
  • Camera to PC picture transfers (XP has a similar feature that works very well and easily)
  • Built in picture editing (Anyone who really wants to edit pictures is going to get a real picture editing program)
  • DVD Maker (available without Vista)
  • Backups (available without Vista)
  • Movie Maker (already available in Windows)
  • Media Center (available without Vista)
  • Media Player 11 (a new version already available on XP)
  • Jukebox (available without Vista and was never really that popular when it used to be included with new PCs *years* ago)
  • Music sync (available without Vista and usually built right into whatever you use for holding your music)
  • Transfer old computer files to a new computer (available already in XP)
  • Aero (just a GUI change)
  • Instant searching (available in XP, but really is a waste of resources to use and will also be that way in Vista. Most people disable it to save resources)
  • Defender (security that is available in XP)
  • Other security things such as those causing mIRC and other programs to have issues, such as silently moving your files from where you want them to somewhere else.

Ok, everything is already available. M$ is just bundling more into itself so that it holds monopoly over even more software types. It also bloats Windows even further and most of those things can be found elsewhere with better quality and features.

Looking at that list, most are security and GUI related, or are just M$'s way of putting more Media stuff into Windows so people don't use other programs for that.

Can you tell me what change is a major improvement in Vista? I don't see anything that is major in what's listed above besides security?

Invision Support
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Originally Posted By: starbucks_mafia
But that's based on the ludicrous notion that it's an either-or situation. As if Khaled taking a photo of his office (assuming he even has one) will in any way slow down the development of mIRC. It seems like a weak excuse for a few people to make the same tired old argument.

I agree. It would take a couple of minutes at best to take the pictures and not much longer to upload them. Saying it would slow down development is ridiculous.

hixxy #182161 05/08/07 03:31 PM
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Why stop with his office? How about friends, family, Khaled out with his mates boozing, pic of his messy apartment, etc? Maybe some pics from his high school year book too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard