mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
DbzDP Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Lately for some reason mIRC has split my logs for some reason, I do not know why. "Trim log file to" is disabled but for some reason it still does this.

#mirc.dalnet.1
#mirc.dalnet.2
#mirc.dalnet.3

Anyone know how to disable this so it can be all in 1 file?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is the new method of logging, and, when it works properly, would merge #mirc.dalnet.1 to #mirc.dalnet, then delete the #mirc.dalnet.1 until you were logging in that channel again.

The .1 log is always the log of your current session.

Since you have .2 and .3 logs, then the .1 log wasn't deleted after being merged (if it was merged) and mIRC noted this, making the original .1 log a .2, then later on, making tne .2 a .3, the .1 a .2, and your current session the .1

If you look at the #mirc.dalnet log, and compare the end of the log with what's in the .3 and/or .2 logs, you should be able to determine if they were merged or not. If they were, then you can just delete the .2 and/or .3 logs

This problem has been reported previously, and I believe Khaled has said that he will try to have it fixed for the next version, but as it seems to be inconsistant as to when it does/does not work properly, he may have a hard time ensuring that it is fixed for the next version.

Please note, that Khaled has stated that there are no plans to go back to the previous logging method (which is what it sounds like you're actually asking for, ie: one log file, rather than a current and a updated)

D
DbzDP Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Oh I get it now. I just thought it was splitting the logs due to size or something, anyway I did like the 1 Log File it was easier. But I guess if he ain't going to go back to eat I will have to get used to this. Also it seems to work. I restarted mIRC it made the files into #mirc.dalnet from #mirc.dalnet.1

Thanks

Last edited by DbzDP; 19/07/07 02:38 AM.
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
My computer has been very unstable lately, so my computer is now littered with these partial files.

Whenever I crash, mIRC doesn't close, so... problems.

So, it would be nice if in the next version of mIRC, it checks for partial files on startup and, if they exist, stitches them into the main log.

If not, at least some command I can execute to do so, ideally one that would cause the log to be stitched together on command.

Last edited by GoldenH; 20/07/07 05:45 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard