#180927 15/07/07 11:26 AM
Y
Yick Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Y
Hello,

In mIRC you've got the abilty to log conversations. Now is my question, my little sister uses mIRC to chat with online friends and I've been told by my parents to keep an eye on her. As mIRC allows me to view what she was talking about it's quite easy to prevent her from being involved to adult conversations. But if she gets linked to a website, mIRC logs the website's name, but not what she types on the website.

Is it possible to log what she types on a site using mIRC or a mIRC Script, or should I download a Parental Control Keylogger and install this on the Computer?

If a Script is possible, could anyone please give me some preview scripts on how to do this? So I've got something to script while having a look at my sister. Lol smile

Thanks

Yick #180928 15/07/07 11:39 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Well there will be no scripts because as soon as she navigates away from the mIRC client. I'm not too sure if it can be done using COM objects to get information from your browser or whatever but I stumbled upon this it's a family keylogger

Originally Posted By: Family Keylogger v3.02 - invisible keystroke logger.

Family Keylogger will let you monitor what people you share your computer with type when you are away. Working in the background, Family Keylogger will record every keystroke a user makes in every application and save it to a text file. In Stealth mode, the program is totally invisible to other people who are not aware their computer activity is monitored.

In addition to recording keystrokes, Family Keylogger will also track the launch of applications, sent emails, visited websites, and save information typed in the forms. The program is dog simple to install and use. Once installed, it opens to QuickStart window that will instruct you on the main features and on how to use the keylogger.

Yick #180957 15/07/07 06:07 PM
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
If you are worried about what she does after clicking links, you can make scripts to block links from being displayed. Obviously, clever people can get around those blocks, so you'd be better off having a "net nanny" type program that monitors children while they view websites and prevents them from browsing inappropriate sites.

-genius_at_work

genius_at_work #181184 19/07/07 02:02 PM
Y
Yick Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Y
Thanks genius_at_work! I've created a small script which prevents links from being displayed and it work great! She wasn't able to see any links and didn't even notice she was not able to. Thanks a lot, this idea was very clever. smile

//Edit

Our computer searches for keyloggers when it start-up and there's no way to set an exception to one. My idea was that a Scanner can't scan scripts, so only me and my parents would know of it.

Last edited by Yick; 19/07/07 02:04 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard