mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You don't need to change your e-mail in the program, but rather the e-mail address that you submitted when you used the registration command to register your nick.

It probably would've been in a format like
/msg nickserv register <password> <e-mail address>
where <password> is a password of your choosing
and <e-mail address> is a valid e-mail address that you have access to.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: readysetgo
hi, ...re: can't register, can't recieve email to confirm.
am trying to change my email, but it is faded and i can't change.
i am in 2006 realm guide instructions, but it's not telling me how to change when faded and i can't click on it.
can you help?
tried taking out of invisable mode.
am i in the wrong instructions?
thank you so much.
readysetgo

If you are trying to change the email address listed in the mIRC oprions dialog, you can change it when you've disconnected from all servers or by typing /emailaddr email@here.com and it will then take affect next time you reconnect.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Seems like someone's dad should've shot that one on the sheet.

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
what is the email address that i should type in to allow outlook express to accept so that i can get the registration confirmation code?
night after night i register, and i get no email.
i was told to email op@karaoke-realm.net....i think, i'm really tired; to get help with this problem.
i have tried to email for help there before and never got a reponse. why would i? if verizon is blocking the registration email, they surely are blocking the other. geez, they blocked my "prayer chain" email from my church and i had to go though someone else to open that!
can someone help me out?
i really would like to register my nick.
thanks,
readysetgo
ps. a word of advise to anyone reading this. never ever change your email address.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Look online for free web-based e-mail. Avoid AOL, Yahoo, and Hotmail as many networks won't let you register using those. Just about anything else will be fine.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I would like to recommend G-mail from Google for this.

P.S.: You might want to check your contract with Verizon, as it may be a contract violation for them to purposely block e-mails that you haven't specified.

EDIT: This should've been a response to Readysetgo, not Riamus. Clicked the wrong link. Sorry.

Last edited by RusselB; 26/06/07 10:11 PM.
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
hello
i did contact verizon and lift the spam blocker. i am sure there are many who have verizon. are they all having problems?
i will take your advice, as i don't know what else to do and there are so many email sites, all with extra security and spam blockers; and i am really baffled by this???
thank you for replying...
lost.
readysetgo

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As mentioned, you can use Gmail, though if Verizon disabled the spam blocker, then you shouldn't need another e-mail address. If you want one for miscellaneous things like this and aren't planning to use it for normal e-mail, then any e-mail service is good enough. It doesn't really matter how good it is when it's just an address used to miscellaneous things like this.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
to everyone who has helped me with all my questions, dumb as they may have seemed to you.
i was frustrated at times, but with work and alot of patience; and of course all your help; i am finally back to the site i lost so long ago. i actually forgot how to operate it tonight, it's been so long, but then i'm old. hahahaha
i honestly thank you all for your time and consideration.
readysetgo :-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard