mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
Also having the idle variation of this problem, with both mIRC 6.16 (w/ Sysreset) and Supybot, under WinXP SP2. It's happened at least once on every server I go to, but seems to favor Aniverse and Animerealm.

The funny thing is, it's off and on. Last time it happened was a couple weeks ago, and rebooting solved it. This time, it started last night and, after a couple disconnects while I was sleeping, worked fine for most of the day, after which there were a couple isolated incidents.

It dosen't seem to coincide with a general loss of connectivity, and although I do use ZoneAlarm, I have both IRC and Python set to the maximum permission level. What can be done short of making a "keep alive" script? Thanks.

S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
well I've done everyhting on the list including turning off of my xp firewall (whihc Im uneasy about) and it still doesnt solve the problem. I thought next that it might be my wireless since about 2 minutes before the connection interuption my wireless disconnects the reconnects right away, but that doesnt sound right since my trillian and Mirc btoh seem to stay connected... well Mirc goes off about 3 minutes after that and say that it was caused by software. but if it was the internet going off why not just say "lost connection" or "connection timed out" I still dont get it. I think it might have something to do with the symantic anti-virus since its crappy anyway. and since I really cant do anything about it I guess I have to live with or see if there are any updates for my plugins which I just updated about 2 days ago to thier most recent versions. and they both say they are compatible with mirc 6.20 so highly doubt its that cause it was doing it before that as well.

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Quote:
well I've done everyhting on the list including turning off of my xp firewall (whihc Im uneasy about) and it still doesnt solve the problem. I thought next that it might be my wireless since about 2 minutes before the connection interuption

That's the cause of your IRC disconnect. It takes a while for the server to drop you but it will when your router drops. Fix that and you'll fix your IRC problem.

Quote:
but if it was the internet going off why not just say "lost connection" or "connection timed out" I still dont get it.

10053 means lost connection or the connection timed out.

Quote:
I think it might have something to do with the symantic anti-virus since its crappy anyway. and since I really cant do anything about it

Get a better AV - AVG and AntiVir are free.

Quote:
see if there are any updates for my plugins which I just updated about 2 days ago to thier most recent versions. and they both say they are compatible with mirc 6.20 so highly doubt its that cause it was doing it before that as well.

Turn your remotes off and see if it still happens, but if your router drops your internet connection, the IRC server will drop you.

F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
I use a timer:
Code:
on *:CONNECT: {
timer 0 30 /pcheck
}

alias pcheck {
  if ($status = connected) {
    /raw pong FD411636
  }
}

F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
I've tried every suggestion mentioned in this thread to no avail. Everytime I try to use dcc I lose connection and have to reboot to regain access. My internet works fine with regular http/ftp/torrent downloads, but crashes with dcc, even when using other irc programs, so the problem is not with mirc. I've done the port forward thing so that's not the culprit.

Any other suggestions?

R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
I keep getting this message
10053 error, software caused connection abort

I recently moved back to college and this is the 3rd day I've been back and i haven't gotten that message until today. i got it 10 times in 2 hours and the last time i connected to mIRC it stayed connected for less than 5 min. when i was at home i didn't get the error message. My college doesn't block mIRC either.
sometimes i get another error message instead of the 10053 error message.
i have win xp. i have noticed that when i idle for more than an hour it disconnects me. Until now i have had no problems with mIRC.

G
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
G
I keep gettin this message, it used to work fine of me about a week ago, but then when I came back from florida yesterday, I have been getting this message ever since. It would be great for any help, because getting disconnected like every 10 min is so annoying....thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If it suddenly started happening, I would check with your ISP to see if they are having any problems. I would also run antivirus and anti-trojan (such as Spybot Search & Destroy) just to see if maybe you got something that is interfering in some way. Basically, if it suddenly starts up, then there is some change that happened and you need to figure out what changed.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Help, kinda newbie here, mIRC was working Monday server irc.unitedchat.net, now its been down, I guess, since yesterday

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I realize it's been a few hours since your post, however, I just tried to connect to that network, and it connected with no problems. If you were having problems, then I suggest you try again, or if you're still having problems, check their website

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
Hmmmm, I am testing something to see if it fixes my problem, but I had a thought about a possible source of the problem.

Looking at the properties for my network adapter, I see the QoS packet Scheduler. I didn't think about it sooner, but since this in theory prioritizes packets, it could be that it is the source of our problems. So, I did what anyone would do to test, remove the check from the box, and saw everything drop since the scheduler was being used, so it would reset all connections.

I will report if this stops the problem, but since the problem happens at random, it may take a few days/weeks to be sure if the problem is solved. My gut instinct here(as an old-school technical person) is that the QoS could screw things up for mIRC as well as other programs(giving priority to things that no one really cares about).

C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
i got the same problem frown

i installed mcafee version 8, and my irc is down.
tryed many solutions, but none would work.

and the main problem is its not on my block list in mcafee :S

i got win xp and mcafee 7 doesnt work at my pc so i have to use 8
so how can i use it.

Cap

Last edited by Capau; 04/05/07 11:05 AM.
Z
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Z
I fixed the problem inmy way...

try this..

If you use the internal NIC then raise your Receive- and Sendcache to 512 (default: 128) and fix the speed to 100 MBit/s full duplex (default: automatic).

You can find it under: LAN Connection/properties/config/advanced

plz let me know your results... ;-)

greetz

Zuul

Last edited by Zuul; 04/06/07 05:33 PM.
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
I'm currently using an older pc [upgraded about 2 years ago, that one isn't working] which mirc used to work fine on. Couldn't connect to anything at first, and assumed it was my hall's firewall. I'm at home now, and still can't connect. I've checked our router, and it doesn't seem to be blocking any ports.
I've tried changing the ports, and that changes the error to a timeout. And it's pretty much everything I can think of to connect to irc that won't let me on.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Visit http://www.portforward.com/ for help. Also, keep in mind that firewalls can also prevent connection... not just routers.

Invision Support
A
A_A Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
im only getting this error on one server (irc.austnet.org) i tried changing ports and putting an older versino of mIRC back on both have not succeeded, other people on the same server dont seem to have any problems, ive also tried pretty much all other suggestions . when i am using linux everything is fine on irc, i get the error everytime i type something after being connected for about a minute, i have no problems when i first connect i can type all i want up until that minute or so =\

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In addition to the other problems regarding this error, I've found (over about the past 3 months) that I get this error on a regular basis..every 12 hours at 5:24
It's annoying, but as it is regular, I can accomodate it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: RusselB
In addition to the other problems regarding this error, I've found (over about the past 3 months) that I get this error on a regular basis..every 12 hours at 5:24
It's annoying, but as it is regular, I can accomodate it.

Chances are, your ISP is running a regualar backup or some other scheduled maintenance that causes a small connection loss. mIRC is more susceptible to minor connection losses than other programs are.

Invision Support
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I think so to, although they deny it.

R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
I've never had any issues with mIRC before, and I've been using it for numerous years and on multiple machines / OS's.
I've reinstalled WinXP this week for the hundredth time and suddenly I get the software connection abort error.
I've done nothing different than the previous tens of times I reinstalled WinXP, AND I always just copy the same mIRC installation folder from my backup CD so I don't have to change any settings or so.

How can this happen??? Now I tried connecting with a different IRC client (Xchat) and suddenly it gave me the exact same problems, so it's definitely NOT mIRC related... What else could it be????

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard