to change these colors:

IceCapped
#163203 27/10/06 10:18 AM
J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
yeah that would be handy

If only women came with popup menus and online help.
#163204 06/11/06 03:41 PM
Z
zkx Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Z
also might be good a command for changing line marker color... for themeing...

and if anyone comes to point out it can be changed from the options dialog under display options and line marker... i'll stab him, i'm talking about a command so scripts can include line marker coloring to their themeing engines, just like the original poster was talking about the even colors

#163205 10/11/06 06:55 AM
raZOR Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
wouldnt harm to give it option to change color range per color (dunno the right word on english)... - not to be limited just to given colors

IceCapped
Z
zkx Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Z
maybe like an addition to the color command like:
/color bar-event bar-highlight bar-message

which would change the switchbar/treebar colors accordingly

W
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
W
I would also like a feature to change these colors.
Great idea.

Z
zkx Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Z
Too bad this didn't make it into 6.3 cry

W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
signed

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
a command to change the treebar's icons would be nice too wink

W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't think we really need to keep getting a lot of comments about what didn't get put into 6.3. If it isn't in, then wait for some future update that *may* have it in if Khaled decides to add it. If you start listing every feature request that didn't get put in, we'll have a *lot* of useless posts.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
those 2 suggested features are useful as ANY gui or code for gui addition/change.

dont see reason why not to put them in unless kmd dont know how to do it.

not to mention to look at dates when they were suggested...
there was plenty of time to add them...

Last edited by WideOpenSpace; 19/08/07 04:07 AM.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm not saying they are bad suggestions. However, only Khaled knows what he wants to add and what he doesn't want to add. And only he knows if it's going to take more time to make some new feature than he has available before the next release. He does read the suggestions, so post suggestions and support for them and leave it at that. Complaining about each feature you want that wasn't added in this version is just pointless.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Originally Posted By: WideOpenSpace
dont see reason why not to put them in unless kmd dont know how to do it.
Is your intention for stating this to incite someone? Besides more likely reasonst for not-adding this, there might always be one reason left: he just dislikes it wink

Originally Posted By: WideOpenSpace
not to mention to look at dates when they were suggested...
there was plenty of time to add them...
Again, what makes you think his only concern is adding all features suggested here as fast as possible? Imho, v6.3 came up with more important changes & fixes than enhancement of GUI customization smile

W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
how can 1 year be as fast as possible ?

besides if people agree on something that is usefull and they support for its implementation why shouldn't it go in ?

program design and functionality should progress forward and not to stay hybernate.

its even miracle treebar saw its light after years of ppl moaning about it...

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
He didn't say things were added as fast as possible...he said what makes you think that is Khaled's only concern.

To be honest WideOpenSpace, you're trying my patience. Big time. You want to make feature suggestions? Excellent, please do. You want to make bug reports? Excellent, please do. This message board however is not here for you to constantly criticise mIRC despite everyone else posting lengthy and reasonable replies to your criticisms. It's also not for you to bitch and moan about some feature not being added. People can see for themselves what is and is not in mIRC. You are quickly becoming a bit of a troll.

If you think I'm going to continue to lock threads and deal with people complaining to me about your posts, you're sadly mistaken. If you can't be sensible, reasonable and intelligent don't expect to have access to this message board.

This feature suggestion has been noted I'm sure, and Khaled can decide whether it gets incorporated or not in the future. Let's wait and see!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard