Page 1 of 2 1 2
#178700 13/06/07 07:54 PM
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
please excuse my ignorance.
i think the problem's my nick. message is ... nick must be registered.
i am registered, but i think when i had computer repaired i put in my user name and password backwords, i did change my email address; wow, did i open a can of worms!
so followed bot's instructions to change nick.

can you help me to confirm?
please advise as i am always getting kicked. been in mirc 2 years, but i honestly don't understand networks, hard as i try.
maybe if i get the nick problem resoved, i could get to mirc; and stop making soooo many mistakes.
was going to type in what bot said to do to confirm, but was told to type in other stuff, and when i did; i got no reply???
gosh, i just keep doing things wrong. should i type bot's instructions anyway?
thank you.
readysetgo

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
1) There are basically two types of registration
a) Registration of the software.
b) Registration of your nick on the network.
These are two completely different registrations and have nothing to do with each other.

It appears that you're referring to registering your nick on a network, which probably uses something like nickserv.

We can not confirm registration of a nick, as confirmation is usually done by sending a message to nickserv containing a custom confirmation code, which would've been sent to tbe e-mail address that you used when you registered.

If you didn't get the e-mail, ensuring that you checked any junk/spam folders, and it's been a couple of days (I've seen some that allow up to 72 hours), then try submitting the registration information again, being very careful about the order in which the information is supplied.
Most nick registration services require it in a format like this:

/msg nickserv register <password> <e-mail address>

For further assistance, I strongly recommend the networks help channel, usually #help

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
by registered, i mean licensed.
and i pretty much have to wait for the ban to be lifted to do anything.
i don't get spam email. so if that's where my email will go, i'll have to do something about that first.
i did register my nick, but did not confirm yet. don't think i'll get an email until i confirm, if i read the instructions correctly.
i'll try #help again, but last night i couldn't do anything in help. just got a message that i was banned, and couldn't send a message for help from bot.
that's when i thought maybe i should ask first.
thanks for the help, and responding.
readysetgo

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Normally when you register a nick, an automatic e-mail is generated with a confirmation code. That code is what you need to send to nickserv to confirm your e-mail address is active and that you are the person that requested the nick.

S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
dang and I thought being stuck in irc was always good! You poor guy, if any of us can help out, we will try, just keep coming back if we dont quite get you the answer you need, and we will try again ok? Happy IRCing!

There are many things in life that you can fix, but you just CANT FIX STUPID!
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
i did enter the confirmation code.
the confusion on my part is the message you must be a "registered nick"???, when i try to enter mirc...but i don't need to be registered to be in irc.

thank you, i'll wait for a while and try later to correct this.
readysetgo

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
ok, i'll bite.
i have a blonde question. been reading alot, but can't find the answer to this question.
i seem to need irc to get into mirc. yes?
irc is realmworld? yes?
then i have to close realmworld to enter anything else, or i will be banned for running 2 networks. yes?
i am female and blonde and my brain doesn't seem to think the way others do, and you are willing to help. yes?
so can you correct me with a blonde answer please, so that i might stop being banned?
i am being honest. i truly don't understand networks, no matter how much i read; as i was always in mirc and never had to deal with this problem before.
the only time i was banned was when i changed to a router, and needed router help. and that was easy because i could always get help in mirc. now i am lost.
i am happy for you that you are so happy in irc. what do you do there? and how do you you get to this happiness place? maybe i'll just stay in irc, if i can find some human beings there. my friends are all in mirc. but i can make new friends.
remember blonde, female. you might need help with this. :-)
my interests are music, singing, day trading, and Christian fellowship (old time religion).
thank you for your help.
readysetgo

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
i seem to need irc to get into mirc. yes?

Close. You use mIRC to connect to an IRC network.
Quote:
irc is realmworld? yes?

Close. Realmworld is an IRC network.
Quote:
then i have to close realmworld to enter anything else, or i will be banned for running 2 networks. yes?

No. mIRC has the abiltiy to be connected to multiple networks at the same time. There is no way for someone else to tell if you are connected to one network, or 100 (although I don't suggest you try that higher number)
Quote:
i am female and blonde and my brain doesn't seem to think the way others do, and you are willing to help. yes?

I'm trying.
Quote:
so can you correct me with a blonde answer please, so that i might stop being banned?

If you are being banned, then there must be a reason, but so far as I can tell, you haven't provided the reason.
i am being honest. i truly don't understand networks, no matter how much i read; as i was always in mirc and never had to deal with this problem before.
the only time i was banned was when i changed to a router, and needed router help. and that was easy because i could always get help in mirc. now i am lost.
i am happy for you that you are so happy in irc. what do you do there? and how do you you get to this happiness place? maybe i'll just stay in irc, if i can find some human beings there. my friends are all in mirc. but i can make new friends.
Quote:
my interests are music, singing, day trading, and Christian fellowship (old time religion).

Try searching on Search IRC for channels or networks that have similar interests.

The more detailed information you can give, the better we might be able to help you.

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
that was very informative. thank you.
i have uninstalled all, and reinstalled.
i am now atleast able to connect again.
did visit your site you recommended. but to no avail, after making a dozen changes.
my problem is definately my nick is not registered.
i am afraid to make anymore changes. i keep screwing things up.
now, i have to register my nick. just typing it in isn't working.
will try through the bot tomorrow. it's late.
thanks for your help. i feel i so close to being where i want to be, but then i never encountered this problem before.
i hope before i'm dead and gone i get this fixed. it's really bothering me. there must be a way to correct this problem.
is my nick my password or my nickname. i can't remember? it's been so long.
thank you again for your help.
readysetgo

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
nick = nickname

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
thank you.

i can not register my nick.

have tried several times, following bots instructions, and i am not getting any email to confirm, so tonight i changed my email to yahoo where i can get junk email.
i hope this works. also changed my nick and password....starting all over.

(also, under excursion settings/general, i only had 3 checks and i know that's not correct. but settings/general is not in 2006 instructions. can you tell me where to find those settings?
actually most of my settings were gone and i am working with old instructions, except for realmworld 2006. makes me wonder how many that ARE checked are wrong??? so any other newer instructions for mirc, or chat boards; please let me know how to access.)

thank you so much for your help. :-))

readysetgo

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If you're using Excursion, then you should check with their help boards for assistance with configuring. The same goes with any other scripts that you have that need to be configured, and possibly updated to work with the current version of mIRC.

These boards are for mIRC assistance. mIRC, to my knowledge, maintains compatability for the settings made in previous versions of mIRC, so that if you made a setting change in 5.9 (for example), that same setting would be in 6.21, and, probably, in the same location.

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
ok, here's the blonde question.
ready?
how do i find the excursion message board?
it's not on the excursion i pull up...settings/general.
if i try google, it takes me to cruise ships. duh?
so give me a hint, please.
thank you.
readysetgo

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Here's a Hint

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
oh! thank you.

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
again.
i am still unable to register nick. have tried many times re bot's instructions and i am NOT recieving an email, thus i can not confirm.
no firewall. email with spam. it's just not there.
i have hundreds of yellow notices telling me to enter code to register at my email. but there is nothing in my email.
can someone help me out.
this will go on for 24 hours and go away, and then i try again.
what could be my problem?
thank you,
readysetgo

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Go to the networks help channel or website and ask them why their registration email is failing to reach you.

RoCk #179530 24/06/07 04:50 AM
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
i am typing this in help and getting no reply. just keep doing this every night until i do get a reply? what website?
i don't mean to be a pest. i just don't know what the problem is. should i pm someone?
could this be a router problem?
oh heck, i'm really lost.
i'll just keep trying.
thanks for replying.
readysetgo

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
While it shouldn't matter, I've noticed that occasionally hotmail and yahoo (more often with hotmail than yahoo) receive the e-mail then delete it straight off, even though they aren't supposed to.

If you have tried one of those types of e-mail addresses and have another one you can try, I suggest you try that.

The reason it goes for 24 hours then stops, is because most registrations require the confirmation code within 24 hours, and if it's not received, then the registration is cancelled.

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
hi, ...re: can't register, can't recieve email to confirm.
am trying to change my email, but it is faded and i can't change.
i am in 2006 realm guide instructions, but it's not telling me how to change when faded and i can't click on it.
can you help?
tried taking out of invisable mode.
am i in the wrong instructions?
thank you so much.
readysetgo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard