mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#178950 16/06/07 07:10 PM
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I'd like to see a Delete item under File, I'm never inside $scriptdir to delete it, it's not really bothersome but I'm forever testing scripts (posters on here) and then when I'm finished I delete them. It would save time if I could just click delete. Instead of having to type /remove or going into the folder to manually delete it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That would be helpful. As you said, it's not that much work to manually do it, but it would be nice to have Delete under Unload.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Or even, when clicking on unload ask if the file should be removed or something.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I'd much prefer a separate Delete option, as I find that I'm often unloading scripts, and wanting to keep them for future reference, even if I'm not going to use them.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
* Mentality raises his hand in support

I'm always forgetting to delete files (I test quite a few scripts for mirc.net) and after a build-up of a few months I'm now faced with an mIRC directory filled with dozens of script files I never use.... I'm going to have to face it one day of course smirk It would have been easier though if I could have File > Deleted.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
another option COULD be that when you UNLOAD the file, if mirc asks you if you want to delete it also (with an option in mirc to not ask - by default).

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Well I'm not sure I'd want to go to those lengths just to delete a file (if the default is off), I'd have deleted it by then.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think he means that the default is that mIRC won't ask you about deleting it and then will NOT delete it. The only way it would delete is if you turn on the check to see if you want to delete it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Definitely supporting this suggestion smile

$maybe
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L