#177008 18/05/07 11:51 AM
Z
Zii Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Hey there.
was wondering - im using zonealarm, and as usual, when a program asks for the first time for internet access, i can approve or decline it, my mIRC asked for it, i accepted it, but the mIRC kept saying [Blocked by ZoneAlarm] every time i tried to connect. i checked all settings and stuff, it had V's everywhere it needed to have, but its still doesnt work.

anyone knows the problem? how can i solve it?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Go to the IM Protection tab, then go to advanced options, and unselect the "Block IRC" option.

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
Z
Zii Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Hmm okay but - where is the IM protection tab? couldnt find it S:(im using the free version, not the pro version, if that helps o: )

Last edited by Zii; 18/05/07 02:17 PM.
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Been awhile since I used ZA so I am not 100% of this, but I dont think there is an IM tab in the free version. However try here ZA help forum
or
try searching these forums .

Good luck

Happy mIRC user on Linux
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Originally Posted By: Zii
Hmm okay but - where is the IM protection tab? couldnt find it S:(im using the free version, not the pro version, if that helps o: )

I think you are out of luck then, if I remember correctly that option is enabled in the free (same as in pro), but the free version doesn't give you an option to disable it! (Lame, I know)

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
Z
Zii Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
alright, thank you smile

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
I have been using ZoneAlarm for some time now and this has never happened to me. When I had the professional version this did and I didn't know how to get rid of it, so I ditched the professional version and went back to the free one. I haven't had a problem. I am using ZoneAlarm version:7.0.337.000 if that helps or not.

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure."

Link Copied to Clipboard