Print Thread
#176637 12/05/07 05:53 PM
H
harl91 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
H
I dont know if its a script or a setting on the mirc client so im sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

How would I make one of my clients auto accept DCC's that are .map files and put them into c:/winbolo/maps/ ?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is a setting in mIRC Options.

Options - DCC - Ignore
Change the drop down box called Method: to Accept Only
In File Type:
enter *.map
Next go to Options - DCC - Folders
Click Add
Fill in the information requested in the pop-up box (note not all of it is required)
Press OK

H
harl91 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
H
OK thanks for that.

Now, is there a way with scripting when the download is complete, it preforms an action?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
There is, but there's also an option in the section regarding the folders for programs/actions to be taken upon the completion of a download.

H
harl91 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
H
oh i didn't see that. so i guess if i setup an alias, i could get it to run that alias?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
possibly, however, I think you might be best to do that via a script, as it appears that the section I was referring to looks for an executable to run. EG: Receive a .jpg file, Open it in PaintShop

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just an aside. To be safe, he should move/use the file somewhere else as part of the file-complete event, to avoid having a GETFAIL leave him with a corrupted .map file. Also, he should delete an existing *.map file or disable file-resume, to avoid having corrupted .map files resulting from resuming a changed file on top of an old one or on top of a partial getfail.

Link Copied to Clipboard