I am working on a script to have my own input box at a custom @window. I am not using the editbox for this purpose but using rline to change the last line of the @window. The text of the channel is parsed above the lines.

To type there i am using the total @window and capturing all the keypresses with the on keydown and on keyup events.

Since i am not using an editbox, default keybehavior on this @window cant be avoided. A feature i would like to have. For example - i would like to capture the home and end button. Which is $keyval : 36 and 35 respectively. I can get these values .. but the default behavior is no way to stop. In this case my window scrolls up and down.

Same for other combinations ... think of Alt-1 Alt-2 ... if i would capture it - it's still possible ... but the normal mirc behavior or window behavior applies here.

Is it possible to add functionality on the on keydown / on keyup events to halt default window behavior ? Such that i can script my own commands to the buttons?

I tried on ^1:keydown:*: { ...
but this totally makes the whole event not capture any keypresses any longer ... aswell the halt and haltdef. This won't work neither.

Tnx in advance

A work-around is also appreciated.