Print Thread
#175405 22/04/07 06:32 AM
C
caebell Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
DCC get problem-- I am trying to get a file from someone. All goes well, until i try to open the file, or the folder it is supposed to be in. It isn't there... it downloads, and then disappears into a void. The log says it was successful, but it isn't anywhere to be found. I have tried to make sure that my default directory is set correctly in both my DCC options and on the dialog boxes during receipt. I get a dialog box that says windows is denying access to the program files/mirc/downloads folder.

I am sure this is something simple, but I am brand spanking new to IRC and mIRC (read: today). It worked the first time I used it, a few hours ago. I don't know if I changed something on accident or what.

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
Do you have a antivirus program installed? If so, the file you're downloading could have been quarantined or removed because the virus program thinks it's a virus (or in some cases, it is a virus).

Those who can, cannot. Those who cannot, can.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you have Vista, that's the problem. You'll need to set the download location to the desktop (or perhaps some other locations may also work).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
caebell Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
I do have Vista-- I will try this solution. I will also look at my anti-virus software. The first time I got a file, it worked fine-- it just never worked again. Thanks for your help.

Edit: I changed the download location to the desktop and everything works the way it should. I really appreciate the prompt response and the competent advice.

Last edited by caebell; 22/04/07 09:04 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard