mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: RusselB
In your case, it looks like the problem is with the G at the beginning of Gregair13. Try using gregair13

Actually, it's more likely the #. Spambots use text followed by 2 numbers often for the username, so it's blocked. Alt-O > Connect > Identd > User ID. Try without the number (also, like RusselB mentioned, you can just try with a lowercase G) and see if it works. This has no affect on what nick you use.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
G
nope does not work. i can connect using mIRC on a site (in internet explorer) on quakesnet. so really it makes no sense.

Z
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
Z
I am having a weird problem. I have been using this program for a long time, and it worked fine for me up to last night. I tried to get on today, and I got some weird error message. I tried to reinstall, and got the new version. Now, no matter what server I try to connect to, it tells me "Connection refused." And this is on all servers, I have tried like 10 or more of them. The other posts I have seen haven't said anything that helps me here. I just can't figure it out. Any help would be apperciated.

Zogar #169840 29/01/07 02:25 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When you reinstall, you need to make sure your firewall and/or router is not blocking the new installation. It may be the same program, but firewalls/routers don't treat it as being the same, so you need to unblock the new installation.

Invision Support
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I am new to mIRC and i can't connect to any server. when i start the program.

I just installed mIRC and am using windows vista. Everytime i click on a link it sends me a message stating the following:

windows cannot find 'irc://irc.***********.com' make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.

after this, once i click the "ok" another window appears stating the following:

Internet explorer cannot open this helper application for irc://irc.***********.com. The protocol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure the address is correct,and try again.

Please help me with this.

Pete

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This has been noted already. It's an issue specific to using mIRC in Vista. For now, you'll need to connect directly from within mIRC and not from your browser.

Invision Support
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
I get error similar to the following while I try to connect to any of the servers

* Connecting to irc.abbaddon.net (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
-
* Connect retry #1 64.18.145.209 (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

I tried every thing you mentioned in your post as the resolution by trying alternatives to the servers using /server command but did not help. Is there anything else I can do?

** Please note..I cant connect to any of the servers and I have tried pinging them and they are up, I have tried around 15-20 servers...what could be wrong
- AJ

Last edited by Ajzzz; 18/02/07 04:59 PM.
Ajzzz #171070 18/02/07 09:19 PM
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
I managed to connect to 64.18.145.213 with no problems. Is this a new problem you have? meaning has it only just started. have you changed something and now you cannot connect? what type of router/firewall do you use? Sorry but more info needed.

try /server 64.18.145.213 6667

if it dont work then give us a hand in helping you.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
i also have the same problem with trying to connect to the skene.net servers. It came out of nowhere. i have tryed many different servers and this has worked for me for so long. I dont understand why it doesn't work all of a sudden. My firewall is off. If someone had a skene.net server for me it would help alot!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just try other networks. If other networks work fine, then it's a problem on their end and you'll just have to try again later. That's the problem with the smaller networks.

Invision Support
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
other people are on that server. i dont understand y it would stop working for me all of a sudden. i had a friend who was having the same problem and when she downloaded a new irc the problem was gone. i did the same n it hasnt helped. could it be something with my computer itself?

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
How do we change passwords on pre-existing MirC-?? Mine won't connect me all of a sudden as of tonight ? I have mine registered .

and it's supposed to be for a liftime ( which I payed for ) can someone show me how to change my password. Please tell me I don't have to download a fresh copy. Thanks Brandii

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You will need to show the messages you receive when trying to connect for us to be able to help you.

mIRC registration is lifetime. That's what you pay for. Registration on a network is *not* lifetime unless you are always there. Most network registrations will expire in 30 days if you don't connect within that time period. Network registrations are free. Each network can have a different process for registering, changing passwords, or having your password sent to you. You should check the #help channel on the network using another nickname for information on how to do so on your particular network.

Invision Support
M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
Win XP pro SP2
mIRC 6,21
XP firewall set to allow mIRC, have tried disabling it, no other firewalls
Error: Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
Have tried several servers
Both my browser and MSN works just fine.
I have a DNS modem, but it's firewall is off.

Help?

Last edited by MrKaizer; 02/03/07 01:48 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You probably have a DSL modem, not a DNS modem.
Do you have anything else using the internet at the same time?
File sharing programs have been known to use up so much bandwidth, that mIRC is unable to connect with the server in the time allocated.
Also, the server might just be busy, especially if it's on a large network (eg: Undernet).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As mentioned, it's probably a DSL modem. As such, the modem may also be a router. Some routers can also block IRC traffic until you change the settings. You can check http://www.portforward.com/ for the brand and name of your router and try setting it up for mIRC there. Normally that site doesn't explain actually *connecting* to a network, but you can at least see how to get into the settings from that site and then look around for something dealing with IRC.

Invision Support
A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
i am new to the forums but i need help. i used mirc all the time now i can't seem to connect. now everytime i connect it says

Unable to connect to server (Permission denied)

i have try almost everything i have an antivirus called window live one care
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First off, scrap that "anti-virus" and get a decent one.

Personally, I like AVG Anti-virus, but there are a lot more, and there are references to some of the preferred ones at this topic

As to Permission denied, it might help if we knew just what server you were trying to connect to?
Sometimes if two networks that were merged have difficulties and split, then permission to access Network A using Network B's servers is denied (logically if Network A and Network B aren't working with each other).

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
personally i try to connect to irchighway, but it not just that, but every server i connect to and i am using the new version program of mirc

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I just connected to irchighway using the server configuration that came with mIRC 6.21, as I've not used that network before, and had no real trouble. Significant delay waiting for the Ident server, but still connected and was able to join channels, chat, etc.

Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard