mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#174983 15/04/07 01:39 PM
P
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
P
Is there a way to view every single command that is being executed in mIRC? @Debug currently does not have this option I believe. SO that we can see what commands are triggering, etc.

(Reason asking)
I'm having problems with my mIRC for some reason not properly functioning when using the /splay command. It simply just "plays" the file but it only does so for about 10 seconds then the music is terminated. There is no sound. It simply just plays for about 10 seconds then the song is stopped.

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Do the same files play OK in Windows Media Player? It could be a codec issue if they don't

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
P
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
P
Infact they do. Most of the time I have to open WMP to listen to my music. I love using mIRC to play music because I can make a super simple interface without having to load another program which helps save system resources when playing games, etc.

I have forgotten to mention that I am using Vista Premium.
I upgraded not too long ago and I am using the same script that I used when I was using XP Pro. and I haven't made any changes to it. I believe I've had the same problem ever since I started using Vista. So I'm not for sure if it happens to be a mIRC to windows problem or wether its a mIRC problem.

Though I still would like to see if theres a way to view every commands executed while mIRC is running. To see if some hidden script of mine is running a command that somehow halts my music. The reason I don't want to say this is an mIRC issue is because I tested this in a new installation of mIRC in a different folder. Playing the same files, and they all work fine.

Last edited by PhantasyX; 15/04/07 01:48 PM.

Live to Dream & Dream for Life
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You could always create an alias of /splay that echoes $1-. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other way to stop a sound from playing so if it is a script it's almost definitely going to be use of the /splay command that's the issue.

Of course if the script happened to be using /!splay then an alias won't work, but try you could always search your scripts for "!splay" - I doubt there'd be many lines that are likely to match it so it should be easy to find if that's the problem.

If both of those things fail you could always turn remotes off and see if it starts working.

And if that doesn't work try re-installing mIRC over the top and try again. It's just possible it's some random corruption of God-knows-what causing the problem. It may be the computing equivalent of kicking the damn thing but you might be suprised how often it works when all else fails.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard