mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
Like the channel/query/dcc tabs... they should have X's just like Firefox added with version 2.0. Would make closing stuff easier smile

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I personally dont like this suggestion, it would become way too easy to close a window by mistake when trying to change focus to it, since both (using switchbar) would require a click somewhere on the child window name.

Just incase you are not aware, you can shift-lclick to close them.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Could be added to the display options.

I support this idea.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I agree with Om3n. Unless it requires you to click twice to close it (once to select it, once to hit the X), then it's just too much chance of closing what you don't mean to close. Shift-Click works great and I'm sure if the OP knew about that, this topic would not have come up. I think that relatively few people know about that shortcut.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
Could be added to the display options.

I support this idea.

Ditto here.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I'm with Om3n and Riamus on this suggestion.

P
OP Offline
P
No I didn't know about it.. I guess I'll use it now but I think it would be better if we had X's... I never accidentally close my Firefox tabs so I don't see why I would close these either. They should just be on the right part of the tabs (with an option to turn them on, off, or only have them on the current tab). When I click on my tabs, I usually click on the middle of them. Having a small X at the upper-right hand portion of the tabs wouldn't really hinder my tab-selecting abilities.. I don't think.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What about the people who prefer the switchbar to be on top or bottom and are in a *lot* of channels? Then, the channel buttons are much smaller and it's becomes easier to click the X. In any case, shift-click is quick and easy.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Then those people would disable it via the options dialog. Simple! :P

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: hixxy
Then those people would disable it via the options dialog. Simple! :P

Yea exactly... I keep my tabs on the left side and my nicklist on right side... Sometimes I have a lot of windows open at once and before I didn't know about shift-click so I came here to request close buttons :\ Anyway, I still want them, even with shift-click... since that requires use of both keyboard and mouse... If I want to close them using the keyboard I can just do ctrl f4 right?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
True, or you could create an F-key alias, in which case all you need to do is press a single key.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I like the Tabbed "X"s. and yes, put them as an option defaulted off and it would be a good thing smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard