mIRC Homepage
Posted By: PhrostByte Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 03:47 AM
Like the channel/query/dcc tabs... they should have X's just like Firefox added with version 2.0. Would make closing stuff easier smile
Posted By: Om3n Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 07:03 AM
I personally dont like this suggestion, it would become way too easy to close a window by mistake when trying to change focus to it, since both (using switchbar) would require a click somewhere on the child window name.

Just incase you are not aware, you can shift-lclick to close them.
Posted By: hixxy Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 11:36 AM
Could be added to the display options.

I support this idea.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 12:16 PM
I agree with Om3n. Unless it requires you to click twice to close it (once to select it, once to hit the X), then it's just too much chance of closing what you don't mean to close. Shift-Click works great and I'm sure if the OP knew about that, this topic would not have come up. I think that relatively few people know about that shortcut.
Posted By: RoCk Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 02:10 PM
Quote:
Could be added to the display options.

I support this idea.

Ditto here.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 03:35 PM
I'm with Om3n and Riamus on this suggestion.
Posted By: PhrostByte Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 05:18 PM
No I didn't know about it.. I guess I'll use it now but I think it would be better if we had X's... I never accidentally close my Firefox tabs so I don't see why I would close these either. They should just be on the right part of the tabs (with an option to turn them on, off, or only have them on the current tab). When I click on my tabs, I usually click on the middle of them. Having a small X at the upper-right hand portion of the tabs wouldn't really hinder my tab-selecting abilities.. I don't think.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 09:02 PM
What about the people who prefer the switchbar to be on top or bottom and are in a *lot* of channels? Then, the channel buttons are much smaller and it's becomes easier to click the X. In any case, shift-click is quick and easy.
Posted By: hixxy Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 09:06 PM
Then those people would disable it via the options dialog. Simple! :P
Posted By: PhrostByte Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 31/03/07 10:56 PM
Originally Posted By: hixxy
Then those people would disable it via the options dialog. Simple! :P

Yea exactly... I keep my tabs on the left side and my nicklist on right side... Sometimes I have a lot of windows open at once and before I didn't know about shift-click so I came here to request close buttons :\ Anyway, I still want them, even with shift-click... since that requires use of both keyboard and mouse... If I want to close them using the keyboard I can just do ctrl f4 right?
Posted By: RusselB Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 01/04/07 02:56 AM
True, or you could create an F-key alias, in which case all you need to do is press a single key.
Posted By: landonsandor Re: Can you please add X's to the tabs? - 01/04/07 04:16 PM
I like the Tabbed "X"s. and yes, put them as an option defaulted off and it would be a good thing smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums